Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkommer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 12:25 PM
    Court summons Being Sued for Credit card debt what do I do?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 22, 2010, 01:27 PM

You show up at the court date,if you don't then the creditor will get a default judgement and then your troubles will really begin. Have you not tried to work out a payment plan? Why did you let it get this far? Debt does not go away on its own.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2010, 05:17 PM

There are hundreds of threads on this site that deal with this problem, Spend some time and browse around for an education. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
    Toni000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 07:45 AM
    This problem will not go away, you need to face up to the court, explain your circumstances and situation and meet their suggestions or orders head on. If you still have the time then contact the company involved and see if you can come to an agreement. For future reference immediately shred any credit card agreements that land on your doormat and always remember this event.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Credit Card Debt Court Summons [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I have recently received a court summons to appear on a credit card debt with "Bank of America". I have tried to work with the company but they refuse to lower my payments to what I can afford. If I don't appear in court what can the court order? Can they take any personal property or...

Received a court summons for a credit card debt [ 8 Answers ]

Yesterday I received a court summons via sheriff for an unpaid credit card debt. I was laid off in 2004 and haven't worked since. My mother is 87, in poor health and I live with and care for her. I have no income, assets or property. My concern is that my mother's bank accounts have my name on...

Served with summons to appear in court for old credit card debt. [ 4 Answers ]

Today I got served with papers notifying me that "YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that you are required to appear in person or by attorney..." in Flagler County, FL... "for a pretrial conference before a Judge at this Court." I gathered from this wording and the fact that it goes on to say "THE CASE WILL...

View more questions Search