Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldguynm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 10:45 AM
    2 people in a household what size water system pressure tank?
    I have an old 80 gallon non blatter tank looking to replace all the kids are gone and it is just the wife and I
    Had to companies give me estimates one recommended the 44 gall in tank the other 32 the smaller one the job is 400 dollars less is 32 gallon tank big enough for what I need
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
    It's fine until they all come back home for a visit and then the pump will be running all the time. Is the 80 gallon bad? $400 seems steep for 12 gallon differential. HD has a 42 vs 84 gallon equivalent tank and they are only $70 different
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2010, 06:31 AM

Either a 40 gallon pressure tank or a bladder tank should do two persons just fine. Good luck, Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2010, 06:57 AM

Why are you replacing the old tank?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced a hot water tank,water is not going to the pressure tank-the pump stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you Any ideas will...

Well system, no water in pressure tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Shaking the tank proves it to be empty, pressure gauge is at 0. How can I tell if a submersible well pump is working? Can the problem be in the pressure tank or is it more likely in the well recovery rate or well pump?

Balance a Well Water Pressure Tank System [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Well Water System with a Small Black Balance Tank. Maybe about 2 1/2 feet tall. The System is working fine, but I think something is wrong with my Balancing Tank. When I turn on the tap or flush the toilet, the water pressure is slow and the pump comes on right away and has to run almost...

Well water system tank air pressure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper well system air pressure for the bladder tank?

View more questions Search