Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LollyH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Screaching dryer at start up- bearings or idle pulley, how do you know?
    I've read most of the info on squeaky dryers but it seems there are two possibilities. One worn bearings or 2 an idle pulley problem. My dryer screaches not squeaks at start up but after warm, the sound goes away. With worn bearings would the sound go away after the dryer warms up?

Check out some similar questions!

Pulley bearings [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Blazer V6 that has growling bearings when first started on cold mornings. How do I identify which pulley has bearings going bad? I took the belt off and spun by hand the alternator, idler, and tension pulleys. None seemed too bad. Thanks for any advice, dbteeitup

Screaching Dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore older dryer, that is making the loudest screaching noise as it tumbles. I suspect that it is the seal between the back heater thing and the actual tumbler tub, because pieces of it are ending up in my clothes. It's a cloth looking thing. Applguy seems to know a lot about them,...

How do I change the idle pulley on a 2001 ford ranger [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the idle pulley on a 2001 ford ranger

Replacing fridgidaire dryer bearings? [ 2 Answers ]

I have read on this site how to remove the dryer drum to replace the bearing. After taking the front off the dryer I realize that the drum is actually leaning against the inside of the dryer. My sqeaking noise could be a result of this while it is spinning (rubbing against the inside of the dryer)....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.