Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starrie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Can I get English to french translating tips?
    Im taking grade 10 french and I find it very hard to transalte english to french any tips on that department. I do not want to resort to a online translator which tends to be wrong 100% of the time
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Jan 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Some people grasp French really easily and the others have a tough time with it. My suggestion would be to expand your vocabulary. Go to the library and read kids French books. That's what I did and in no time my French improved by a lot. Also when you get the French books get the ones that have a tape that goes along so you can listen to the pronunciation of the words.
    vrooje Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
    I don't like online translators like reverso or babelfish.

For looking up vocab I find WordReference.com is a great resource, and they also have a forum where you can ask questions about translation. They also have a verb conjugator. It won't do your homework for you, but it'll help you find the pieces which you then have to put together yourself.

Reading French kids' books is a good idea. So is listening to French audio programs -- I have a French podcast that I listen to, which helps me get a feel for how the language is put together.
    Zabuza16 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Just send your text to translate an I will translate it. Believe me
    mr_guy Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Just remember that some English words are spelt the same way French words are (ex. Dispensable).

Other words (like verbs and conjugations) you're going to have to memorize... thAat's what I had to do...
    emmaBB Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Hey!
    Nothing better than coming to France to learn the language!
    That's what I did to learn english, and forget my mothertongue (which is french actually!)
    SO pick up your stuff and come in here! Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help translating a paragraph of Chinese to English [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... I was wondering if anyone could help me translate a paragraph of Chinese to English. I have used free translations online but I'm not understaing the translation. I feel I need a person to interpret it. It would be great if someone can help. I can give you a link and I guess myabe you...

Translate english into french [ 2 Answers ]

Please translate this english sentence into french for me. Please do not feed the lion!

I need help translating from finnish to english [ 5 Answers ]

What is this in english, RIKKI Anteeksi. Peruisin jos voisin, sanat kun vain lipsui suusta.

MS word English to French [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, this is a weird one... I have reset the spellchecker to ENGLISH multiple times... When you check a document mid-doc it flips the spellcheck from English to French. I have no clue. It's happening on two machines. Any ideas? Janice

Translating the language of the magnolians into English [ 2 Answers ]

How do I translate the language of the magnolians into English

View more questions Search