Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titch74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 05:44 AM
    Black algae type growth in cold water pipes
    Hi, I keep getting a build up of a black algae type growth on anything connected to my cold water tank. It doesn't happen in the kitchen tap but the bathroom sink coldwater tap, bath tap and shower head (electric mixer type) all show this growth. Can anyone advise what it is and how to stop it happening. I have had a look at the tank in the loft but it seems pretty well sealed with insulation and I was loath to take it off. The house is approx 15 years old. Thanks, Richard

Check out some similar questions!

Can I repipe only my hot water pipes and not my cold? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an old house with galvanized pipes. I want to have the hot water pipes repiped to copper, but leave the cold alone. I have had 4 estimates, ranging from $2100 to $4500. Half of the contractors say do both the cold and hot, the other say just the hot. I don't know which is correct. I...

I have a Delta ball type faucet and it has cold water but no hot water. [ 8 Answers ]

No hot water on my delta ball type faucet. Cold water works fine. What do you suggest

Whole house cold water pressure drop off,public water pvc pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I searched the forums and didn't find my exact problem. So at every faucet in the house, the cold water drops off after initial turn on. House is on the public water main and was plumbed with PVC pipe. Just turned 5 yrs old I am guessing I have some kind of obstruction? There is a main...

Black stuff ? From water pipes [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an apartment and in each of my bathrooms I am noticing black gunk accumulating at the water faucets where the water comes out from as well as in my showers. I also just bought a new showerhead about 8 weeks ago and now there is black sediment settling in the little holes that water comes...

How to back flush cold water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

My cold water lines have sediment in lines from old water heater. I replaced water heater need to know how to flush cold water lines , I have very low cold water pressure. You can see sediment in lines causing low water pressure.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.