Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Nov 22, 2010, 05:42 AM
    vitamin D3
    My vitamin D level was 28... my doctor said to take 2,000 units a day. A friend of mine said her doctor said to take 3,000 for a while. I have hypothyroidism and am overwt.
    Is 3,000 safe to take. Is one vitamin company better then another?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 06:13 AM

Vitaimin D3 is the more natural version of the D supplements. No matter how much you take, your body will use what it needs and eliminate the rest. The same as any other vitamin supplement.

Vitamin D3 not only aids bone develolpments and maintenance but boosts the immune system, and moderates blood pressure (but is not a source or substitute for proper blood pressure medication).

Your friend probably has different needs then you, that is probably why her dosage is a lot more.

I use Jamieson products in Canada, but not saying they are better then any other. It is just my preference. One drug company cannot product a D3 supplement any differently then another drug company.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets [ 3 Answers ]

I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g... And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of...

Vitamin E [ 1 Answers ]

Is Vitamin E can fairer or whiten your skin?

Vitamin C [ 3 Answers ]

How do you determine the amount of vitamin c present in a fruit juice sample?

Vitamin C [ 1 Answers ]

What is another name for Vitamin C?

Vitamin k [ 2 Answers ]

What things would vitamin k be in?

View more questions Search