Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tenly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Llighting requirement
    Hello I am really new to this forum, hope somebody could help me out.
    I am finishing my basment, and cannot decide about how much lighting is reuqired. Can anyone help me determine the number of lights required per given area. I know there should be some table available to indicate the lighting requirement per square foot are, depending on the usage. Would really appreciate your input.

Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Really depends on how much light you want or need, and the purpose of the room. If it will be for chairs and sofa to watch TV, then very little light is needed . If There will be a table that would be used for hobbies, or something that needs to be seen well, then more light is needed.

Lighting is not done by square foot.

I personally like wall scones that allow up and down light, to illuminate an area with indirect light, as I never like to see the source( light bulb). Many people don't mind the recess high hats with the flood lamps and fill a room with light. While this will give a great deal of even light, I don't care much for it.

Most people end up not wanting that much light and decide to install a dimmer later on, and then end up using table lamps.

Lighting is very subjective and personal. You need to come with some sort of opinion of how much light you would like, if there are special objects that need light, such as a bar, fireplace, what tasks will occur or purpose is the room/area for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payments requirement [ 1 Answers ]

Need $28,974 at the end of the 10 years, and theonly investment outlet is an 8 percent long-term certificate of deposit (compounded annually). With the certificate of deposit, you make an initial investment at the beginning of the first year. (1) what single payment could be made at the...

Landlord Requirement on A/C [ 17 Answers ]

Is the landlord required to provide air conditioning in a rental home?

Oracle 9i system requirement [ 1 Answers ]

Please HELP!! What is the minimun system requirement for the Oracle 9i server?? Thank you.

View more questions Search