Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dms9786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Find the volume of water in a 3/4 inch pipe 250 feet long?
    Volume of water in a 3/4 inch pipe 250 feet long
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dms9786 View Post
    volume of water in a 3/4 inch pipe 250 feet long
    cross sectional area (Pi r^2) times length.
    remember that 0.75" pipe has 0.75" as the inside diameter so divide by 2 for the radius
    also convert inch to feet if the length is in feet. Then your answer will be in cubic feet.
    Cheers, Tom
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2010, 08:40 AM

Tom is right on with formula to get cube measurement.

I would recommend converting length to inches and then dividing end product by 1728. This is 1 cube foot in inches.

Chuck
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2010, 01:21 PM

I get 1324 cubic inches. The 3/4" pipe would have an area of about .44 square inches. Multiply that by 3000 inches of length and you get the above figure. Sound right??
    argaiu1017 Posts: 92, Reputation: 8

Nov 21, 2010, 07:21 PM
    It is approx. 1360 cubic inches

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volume of water in a Pipe [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All Could any one please tell me about how to find the volume of water in the pipe with respecticve of pise size. I know it can be calculated through the formula :3.14 x R2 x H... The result is in 'cubic inches'. Alternatevely,If you can suggest any other way to find out the volume in...

How to calculate Volume of Chilled water in pipe lines [ 0 Answers ]

How to calculate the Volume of Chilled water pipe lines? How to sizing the pipe lines for Chilled water pipelines?

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the [ 5 Answers ]

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the tile cost $8.91 per square yard?

Getting good water volume for long water line run [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning to install water line on my farm. The water supply is coming from a 1hp submersible pump that is currently feeding the house with 1" PVC into the pressure tank. I am planning to run about 500" of 1" PVC down to a barn and from there another 1000" of 3/4" line out to some pasture. ...

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

View more questions Search