Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Nov 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
    A friends wedding and an old flame...
    I was asked to be the Maid of Honor by my one friend. Only catch is, she's marrying my ex whom Im not on good terms with. I want to be her MOH but I don't want to make him upset on his day also. How to handle the situation.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 06:38 PM

Why would he be upset?
    I'm sure he knows you have been asked to be MOH so if he has no problem with it, you shouldn't.

Nov 20, 2010, 08:12 PM

OK I guess I'm just not ready to see him again its been awhile I hang with tiff when he's not there
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 08:08 AM

Then you need to bow out of the wedding.
    Does this girl know he is your ex?
    Does she know you still have feelings for him.

Nov 21, 2010, 02:13 PM

I don't still have feelings for him. We hate each other and yes she knows
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 03:15 PM

Well if you hate each other why are you worried about upsetting his day? Sounds like something else going on.
    If she is your friend do the wedding. You'll see him a couple of times and that will be it.

Nov 22, 2010, 11:02 AM

OK ty
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2010, 04:33 PM

I'd tell the bride you'd rather just attend as a guest because you would feel awkward being maid of honor at a former boyfriend's wedding. You really shouldn't be maid of honor unless you wholeheartedly support the marriage.
    lovelaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
    I assume the bride knows this guy is your ex. She presumably has talked with him about it, and if it was a big issue to either of them, she likely wouldn't have asked you. Unless being around him is unbearable for you, you should tell her your concerns but remain open to the idea of being MOH. Ultimately, the day is about your friend and she wouldn't have asked you unless she felt you were the best person for the job. I'd try to endure the discomfort for her sake and agree to be MOH.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2010, 09:08 PM

I will have to assume the bride knows he was your ex, and I will assume you have stayed friends with the bride even though she has been with your ex.

But hate is an emotion and it means you are not over him yet, not caring is over him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

Beckett burner starts has flame for about 15 seconds off for 12 then flame on & runs [ 7 Answers ]

I have replaced the following with the problem still happening: replaced the primary control(R8184G 4009), cad cell--the oil unit was service at the beginning of the heating season. Ran like a champ. Now for the past two weeks with new parts the problem is: Oil burner starts with a flame for...

Friends with Benefits Wedding [ 2 Answers ]

Friends with Benefits Wedding - CollegeHumor video

For my friends wedding does anyone know this [ 4 Answers ]

THis is a country song I think its called son of a country boy or a country boy's son. I am not sure exactly what it is called.

Should I be mad if I just got demoted in my best friends wedding? [ 6 Answers ]

We have been best friends for about 12 years and she's getting married this year in December. Of course I'm very excited for her and excited for myself when she asked me to be her maid of honor, especially since she's the closest I have to a sister. But just last night she caved in to pressure from...

View more questions Search