Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wavves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 08:56 AM
    Girl advice: how to make the first move?
    Ok, so I've been seeing this girl now for about a week. We have gone out about every night, we live in NYC, so the "dates" consist of just going out for a walk and going to a park. Something of that nature. We talk a lot and have so much in common. I have never met someone who has this amount of the same interests as I do. My only problem is I can't read her. It's a mystery! We laugh a lot have fun, but I don't know if the next step is what she wants too. Which brings to the next problem. How should I make the first move? I don't want to **** this up! She's amazing!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 09:23 AM

What kind of move are you thinking of making?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Ahh, that is that confusing place where if you say something, she may not think a friendship is possible any longer. And if you don't say something, you will never know if she feels the same way as you do, in taking the next step in the relationship.

What you could do, is step it up a notch. Instead of just hanging out, why not ask her if she'd be interested in an actual date. Maybe, if she says she is, then say, how about I take you out for dinner. That at least moves things forward, just a little bit.

If she seems to not warm up to the idea of an actual date, she will decline. If she IS interested, she will jump at the opportunity, in which case, you may come to know that she was waiting for you to ask in the first place.

So, my advice to you is, just ask her if she's interested on going out on a 'real' date, out for dinner. No big commitment, but the message is sent that you are wondering if there could be more to the relationship. And if it doesn't work out to a 'date', then you will have not gone too far, that you will lose her as a friend.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Nothing risked nothing gained my friend. You both have fun together and get along well. You have a lot in common and enjoy spending time together.

At the end of your "date", take her by the hand, look her in the eye, tell her you enjoyed spending time with her. Then while you have her attention while still holding her hand, pull her in close and give her a kiss. If it feels right and she doesn't fight it you're golden... If not, then you really didn't risk too much and you will both know how you feel about each other. I don't think it is enough of a risk to ruin your relationship either.

A kiss is just a kiss... Plain and simple. I think it would be an appropriate move at this point in time, especially if you want to see if the possibility of something more is there. It doesn't have to be a full on make out session either. Just the act that will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 03:19 PM

Ask her out for a real date, your treat.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wavves View Post
    Ok, so ive been seeing this girl now for about a week. we have gone out about every night, we live in NYC, so the "dates" consist of just going out for a walk and going to a park. somthing of that nature. we talk alot and have so much in common. i have never met someone who has this ammount of the same interests as i do. my only problem is i can't read her. its a mystery! we laugh alot have fun, but i dont know if the next step is what she wants too. which brings to the next problem. how should i make the first move? I dont want to **** this up! shes amazing!
    Like everyone else stated, I would ask her out on a nice date. See where it goes from there. The fact that you two have been hanging out almost every night is a good sign. Just Looking made a comment in Home Girls statement about holding hands. That too would be a good start. One of these nights when you two are enjoying a nice walk, try holding her hand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl confused... need advice ! [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Indian and she is an American. We have been dating since one month. I know her a month before I started dating her. This is my first time dating someone. We hung out literally everyday for the first and second weeks. We live in the same apartments and have Indian friends in common. I had a...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

Need advice about a girl I know [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, its been awhile since I've been here. I'm sure all you regulars remember me with the psyco ex (wildcat21 etc.)... neways this is my situation. This girl I know from high school, over the yrs we've seen each other around at college or on the bus and talked when we did run into each other. I was...

Advice for girl in lust! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi guys You gave me such good advice on my own situation I hope its OK if I post a question for my sister who has asked me for my opinion! She's likes this guy a lot I don't want to give her the wrong advice! SHe met this guy about 6 months ago and they hit it off, great chemistry, she said...

UK Girl needs some US advice! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey People, I live in the UK and the products we got here is very limited. Anyway I was using a product called 21 days fade cream http://www.21days.net/product_fadecream.htm My face was always a uneven colour and darker than the rest of my body, the cream I was using worked yeah so I stopped but...

View more questions Search