Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big_raven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Turtle water changed colors!
    Hi all,
    My son has two red ear sliders, I just walked into his room and noticed the tank water is like an orange color! :confused: It wasn't like that earlier this morning. I took them out and put them in the tank they eat in and examined them and don't see any injuries to them. I have no idea what caused this. Also, the water is now a little "foamy". Any ideas what happened? Thanks!
    Dark but not Heartless Posts: 78, Reputation: -1

Jan 11, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by big_raven
    Hi all,
    My son has two red ear sliders, I just walked into his room and noticed the tank water is like an orange color! :confused: It wasn't like that earlier this morning. I took them out and put them in the tank they eat in and examined them and don't see any injuries to them. I have no idea what caused this. Also, the water is now a little "foamy". Any ideas what happened?? Thanks!
    Maybe they are mating, and the foam is the nest where they will lay the eggs. But I don't think so, cause that's what beta fish do, at least. I heard that turtles lay their eggs on land. Google turtle mating signs, see if you find anything. Hope I could help
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I don't know a thing about turtles; how ever I do know a thing or two about aquatic environments and how to keep them clean and healthy. I might be able to help with stabilizing the water so that it does not get polluted by the turtles living in it.
    Do you have a filter of some type filtering the water?
    How is usual maintenance preformed on the tank/water?
    JMuller Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2007, 11:56 AM
    What kind of sustrate do you use on the land portion and in the water portion? Do you have drift wood? I have found a lot of drift woods, even ones bought at pet stores, have made my turtle tank orange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Turtle with soft shell [ 2 Answers ]

I bought two baby turles two weeks ago, and they both have soft shells. What can I do to help them, they just started to eat this week.

Help me, my turtle is being weird [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a turtle, and its breathing really hard, with its mouth open when its on the land part of the tank... Is it panting because its hot??

Turtle Water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a red eared slider named Holly- she is about two years old and the sweetest turtle ever!:D I've recently been having trouble with her water. I change it like clockwork each week. She is in a 20 gallon tank with a Fluval filter good for up to 60 gallons. I clean the filter once a week...

RES turtle [ 1 Answers ]

Is soft shell disease contagious to other turtles?

Help me with a turtle please. [ 7 Answers ]

Im getting one of those little green water turtles that people sell in malls... Ive looked on a lot of websites how to take care of them and they are all different... What do I need to buy/do to make sure its taken care of. I need to know everything, it's a baby green turtle from the water

View more questions Search