Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madabouto2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 03:03 AM
    Can anyone tell me if I can use blackberry services on my HTC HD2 T8585 device?
    I have recently purchased HTC HD2 T8585, and want to use blackberry service to be in the loop for communication within company colleagues. Can someone help me on this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2010, 03:17 AM
    Best to talk to your company's IT department as they may NOT support Blackberry on Android.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2010, 03:36 AM
    As I understand it a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) only communicates with Blackberrys due to the encryption.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 10:57 AM

We have a BES Server at work for our Insurance Producers who have BB's. Our BES will not connect with the Android phones we have. However, if you have an exchange server your Android can connect via a little tweaking on the phone and server.

Let me know if you want details!
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2010, 10:59 AM
    I checked out his phone and it seems to be an HTC Windows Mobile phone which is odd, I thought most were Android (I have an HTC Magic).
    Networking Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 11:02 AM

I still don't think it will connect to a BES. Let me do some research real quick!

What version of WM is it?
    Networking Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 11:07 AM
    6.5?
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2010, 11:07 AM
    I quite sure it won't due to the BB encryption. I was just surprised that it was an HTC Windows Mobile since I though all HTC phones were Symbian or Android.

I did find this though: BlackBerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Networking Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 11:10 AM

Very good link NK. Even though its wiki, our Agency has BB's, Driod X's and HTC Increds. Never thought an HTC would have WM. I figured they jumped on the Android bandwagon.

However, I didn't see his phone listed.
    Networking Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
    I wonder if there's a BB Email Client app? I mean why not they have apps for everything now-a-days!! :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2010, 11:34 AM
    HTC used to make "white label" phones for others, but have recently moved into the markey on their own ticket.
    They do both Android and WinMo devices.
    The Desire range are Android where as the HD7 are WinMo.

If web access is enabled on your Exchange or Notes server then it is possible, with some VPN magic, to connect the device to your corporate mail accounts. Although most IT departments don't support this method as it circumvents the inbuilt encryption of a BES server.

I have heard that Blackberry are working on a client for both iPhone and Android, but I haven't had a chance to try it as yet.
    The main reason for this is the large price of BB devices in Asia compared to iPhone and HTC's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Htc evo [ 1 Answers ]

Okay this may sound weird but has anyone tried this or something similar? First off my situation, I have had sprint service for about 6-8 months and have been using the Palm Pre the whole time. But to be honest it's a horrible phone with a not to great service, on an even worse platform. I've gone...

Blackberry Curve vs. Blackberry Pearl [ 4 Answers ]

Which do you think is better and why?

Blackberry: do you need a bluetooth to use the internet?General blackberry info [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im confused. I am interested in buying a Blackberry 7230 Smartphone or a blackberry 7290. The 7230 doesn't have a bluetooth but does have a web browser acccording to Amazon so can I still get the internet using my Wireless internet connection at home? I have never owned a blackberry...

View more questions Search