Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayhen57 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Is principal emotional abuseing my son.
    Hi I have a nine year old son who is ADHD an on Strattera medication and its working quite well he is a well like boy where ever he goes beside school. His principal keeps gives him the blame for all skirmishes he have with other pupils he have at school e.g.. 1 Other pupils parents an just come to school and complane that Cyril han pushed or kicked them he gets punished without even hearing his side of what took place about a year ago in grade one he and another boy had a fight this boy was handled with kid gloves and given all the attention he could even go ly on the bed in the sick room he did not even ask my son what took place but made him sit outside his office from 8 the morning to 12h30 with out any books or lunch as it was still in his class e.g.. 2 2 weeks ago he and a grade 2 friend of his was again in some sort of skirmish with some grade 1 pupils the prefect reported it to the grade I educator who in turn reported it to his grade 2 educator and she took them to the principal who again did not investigate what really took place but just decided that the two of them can't attend their end of year party on the farm please I'm not saying my child is a angel and must be punished when doing wrong but how can one do that without investigating what went on or to even speak to my son I also feel the punishment not to be appropriate as he work hard during the year and done quite well and all children look forward to their end of year party and there is a lot of other way the could punish him if it was proven that he is wrong like retention he love cricket and rugby take his lessens away and to top it all other parents can come to school and say Cyril pushed or kicked them and he gets punished but once right in front of me a child ran past Cyril pushed him and said mind sucker and when I phoned the principal he told me sorry there's nothing he can do as he don't know what happened as he was not there I'm doing all in my power to help him he goes to the Psychologist once a month to sort out problems that may arise I'm a member of the ADHD help group and we both feel there is a case of emotional abuse and I also feel that he is braking down my son self esteem il appreciate it if you can give me some input on this matter Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 10:02 PM

It appears your son has been labeled a bully, and has done it so much, they will merely believe when someone says he has.

I am not sure this is abuse but could be doing their job poorly. Have you went to the board of education ( or the group over the Principal.

But also have you considered that he may well be causing a lot more trouble than you know or will admit to. And perhaps it is your son that needs to be helped or further punished to correct his behavior

Nov 19, 2010, 11:32 PM

Dear Fr_ Chuck Like I said in my question he is not a angel but he got a lot a friends here at home I go on holidays about five times a year and there is no problem about bulling, about the first instance where he was blamed I went to the school at breaks and watched from the street and the same boy and his friends were running after Cyril and pushing him about he ran away and they followed him to push him around I took a recording of what is taking place in the school ground and got proof they were bulling him one of the educators seen me and they called the police and told them I'm taking photos of the children I explained to the police that I was taking photos of my son and not children in school and they told the principal he could not make a case as there is no law that says a parent can't take photos of his own child and other parents are doing it all the time with their cells I also took him to the psychologist for anger anger management and she can't pick it up that his a bully in fact only last week I spoke to her about him getting punished and us keep on telling him not to fight that I notice him getting bullied from smaller children that she is now going to start a program working on assertiveness particularly with regard to learning how to stand up for himself appropriately with other children I also speak with his educator on a regular basis and she's always tell me she got no problems with him one he had the first fight last year me and the principal had a real slinging match and I told him I would take him to the psychologist so that we can see if there's a problem and it can be worked on he phoned the psychologist and told her I don't want Cyril in his school behind my back and that's after she warned him that every thing he says she will have to tell me not very professional for a principal but very arrogant I think I also reported it to the school board and spoke to the ADHD Society at a meeting and gave and showed them all the facts and that I was thinking of taking my son out of the school they advised me not to do so but to make a case of emotional abuse against the principal I got the report from the psychologist and went to see him expecting a big fight but to my surprise he had made a complete 360 degree turn and telling me that his school was the best for Cyrils needs there was a lot of sports and I must let him play as much sport as he wants to I can only assume he seen that he was wrong in someway or he got a tip of what my intentions was and that were it stopped for more than a year till now last weeks skirmish seen by the prefect reported to grade 1 educator in turn reported to Cyril`s educator then to the principal no hearing and punished

Nov 20, 2010, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It appears your son has been labeled a bully, and has done it so much, they will merely believe when someone says he has.

I am not sure this is abuse but could be doing their job poorly. Have you went to the board of education ( or the group over the Principal.

But also have you considered that he may well be causing alot more trouble than you know or will admit to. And perhaps it is your son that needs to be helped or futher punished to correct his behavior
    Fr_Chuck sent you a answer at wrong place could you please open this topic to get it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhen57 View Post
    Fr_Chuck sent you a answer at wrong place could you please open this topic to get it
    FR_Chuck is currently offline. We are all volunteers here. We live ordinary lives and volunteer our time to help others. I'm sure he will respond when he is online again. ;)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2010, 05:37 PM

Rayhen... have you spoken to the principal about this last incident and how, to your knowledge, it was handled?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emotional Incest - Mother & Son [ 3 Answers ]

My former boyfriend of almost 8 years has an overbearing mother that controls him emotionally in everyway. She puts him down saying that he is an embarrassment to her because he has not finished college, is overweight etc. He calls her every night asking her questions on how he should live in...

Matter of Principal [ 4 Answers ]

I own a business in Montana. In April, I paid a local marketing company for advertisement in a very prominent publication as well as to be highlighted on a map that will be distributed to every tourist passing several points on 3 major tourist highways into my region of the state. OK, I know that...

Abuseing children [ 6 Answers ]

Why do adults think its fun to rap children

Ventury Principal [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ventuery principal? What is the relation between Pressure and velocity corresponding to ventury principal for gas?

Principal balance [ 5 Answers ]

what is the principal balance on the automobile mean? is that the remaining balance that is owed on the vehicle? I am trying to find out what kind of equity I have in my vehicle approximate value of car minus the principal balance equals the equity ?? Principal balance is that the balance...

View more questions Search