Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelly404 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Should people let others swear in school?
    Okay so I got in trouble today for swearing... Cause I was pretty much pissed off. I see other adults swear in class and no one cares. And when kids do they get in trouble. I almost got a referral for swearing... And now I can't swear! If I swear on campus I get a referral and if I swear outside of campus I get a infraction.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2010, 07:11 PM

Hello S:

Yeah, life ain't fair. You'll be able to swear all you want in a few years... You can make it till then.

excon
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 07:47 PM

Key word here is adult. Granted they shouldn't be swearing on campus either because it presents bad images and provokes cussing among students, but you're in no position to argue this one.

In a few years you can cuss all you want. Assuming you're in an appropriate atmosphere for such behavior.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 10:24 PM

No one should, but as noted life is not fair, and often children and other minors have to follow tighter rules than adults.

Nov 23, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    But what if the need to swear for defense?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly404 View Post
    I see other adults swear in class and no one cares. And when kids do they get in trouble.
    I agree with you here, the adults should strive to be good examples and, in this case, should observe the same rules.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly404 View Post
    But what if the need to swear for defense?
    How would swearing help you defend yourself? By appearing tough?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2010, 01:26 PM

Shelly404, please correct me if I am wrong. But what I am reading from your post is that you are the adult here, you are in the position of authority. Right?

If that's the case, then yes, swearing is wrong because you are supposed to be setting an example for the younger people who are in your charge.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a prude and I can make a sailor blush if the situation is right. But I also know when to use decorum.

Nov 27, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I'm not an adult... BUT the adults at my school swear. And we can't swear :/ I think it's kind of odd... That the adults swear DURING class but not after.

Nov 27, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    I have no idea... O_O
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 05:27 PM

ALL the adults swear? Certain adults swear? One or two adults swear? Do they use four-letter words or take God's name in vain? Has anyone ever reported them to the principal, since they are violating school rules?

Nov 27, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Nope.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 05:41 PM

1. ALL the adults swear?
    2. Certain adults swear?
    3. One or two adults swear?
    4. Do they use four-letter words or take God's name in vain?
    5. How do you know they don't swear outside of class?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2010, 05:50 PM

Shelly,
    First, please don't use the Comments feature for follow-up, use the Answer options instead. Second, when you are asked a question please answer it fully so we can help.

Now I'm going back to your other thread about abuse vs bullying. In that thread you made statements that are really not a presentation of reality. And I suspect you are doing the same here. What other people do is not a justification for what you do. If other people are behaving badly, then they should be reported for it. But that doesn't give you the license to behave badly as well.

You need to take responsibility for your own actions. You broke a rule and have been disciplined for it. That's the end of that story. You are paying the price for ignoring the rule.

One other point here. Using profanity is a refuge of a small mind. If you you have to resort to profanity to express yourself, then you are displaying a lack of intelligence. If other people use profanity, then show you are better than them, do not stoop to their level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

New people,new school,new possibilities. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 11 years old and scared about 6th grade... HELP!! :confused: :confused::eek: :eek: :eek:

What can I do so people from school now that I'm a tomboy [ 2 Answers ]

Well I do every thing a tomboy has to do when I'm at school no one notices that I'm a tomboy because there is this other tomboy at school and every one wants to be her friend.what can I do?

How can people who where in Incarnation School between 1999-2009? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find these people so I can get in touched with them again because I moved from there

High school son hitting other people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My son who is 12 years old started high school in September 08 started hitting other people in the school when some one tried grab his TT bat and sports mat. One more time he hit someone who headlocked him. Now the school gave us serious and final warning. In junior school we never had...

View more questions Search