Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kim221183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 01:58 PM
    My puppy will not potty train or go outside
    Can someone please help? I have a 4 month old ****-zu cross who has many bad habits. From 12 weeks (when we got her) we have been using training mats, which she uses but still has accidents around the house sometimes and it is driving me crazy because it stinks.

I take her for long walks but only once a day, however we have a lovely large garden that she refuses to go in as the neighbours have a large dog and she is petrified of it and runs in when it barks. It has got to the point where she just yelps at the door when I put her out.

Another bad habit she has is that she eats her stools. I was told by the vet that this is because she knows she isn't getting enough vitamins so tries to get it from the poo! So I often give her cubes of fruit, but she still does it.

Any advice on these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 02:04 PM

Puppy mats only confuse dogs more. You are allowing them to pee on something soft in the house, so to them, why wouldn't it be okay to pee every where else?

Is there a specific reason you are using the puppy pads? Is taking him out side on a regular basis not something you can do? There are many great house breaking tips, have a look at the stickies on the top of the dog forum, there is some great training tips located there. If you need anything more specific, just ask.

When he does make a mess, make sure you are washing the area with a neutralizing spray. Vinegar and water works great too, as does shaving cream and baby shampoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I must potty train my puppy to go inside, no crate, I use pads, but he goes everywher [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is 9 weeks old now - I rescued him when he was 4 weeks old from a very bad home. Because of my disability he will be an indoor dog; when he does spend time outside for fresh air, he will go outside on my patio and occasionally for car rides etc. I started using potty pads a few days after...

What's the best way to potty train a 5 month old puppy? [ 4 Answers ]

In December I got a puppy.He pees on the carpet,and he needs to stop!Sometimes when I take him on walks he pees.All I want to know a website that tells how to potty train a puppy,or someone can just tell me how to as an answer.

Potty train [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy and what's the easyest way to potty trian him?

What is a good way to potty train a St. Bernard Puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have just bought a St. Bernard (6 week old) puppy. What is a good way to train the dog to go potty outside and not pee when just coming out of kennel or after I have let the pup outside already and then after letting pup back in he pee's the minute on entry?

Trying to potty train [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a miniature dachsund for my son. The lady who had him said that she had started potty training him until she got hurt and could not tend to him anymore. He is 9 weeks old and I have bought the potty pads for him. I have put the potty pad out and noticed that he will pee on the pad...

View more questions Search