Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn Renae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Help something is wrong with my German Shepherd
    Samathia is my baby. I bought her from a VERY bad breeder, I know that is a lot of the problem. She will be 2 years old in May. She can't get on my bed without crying. Her hind legs hardly work. I know this can be caused by hip dysplasia(?) I give her gluclose, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Now, on top of not being able to use her legs... I think she may be pregnant by our male. He is only 5 months old, I didn't know he could breed yet. I was hoping she may be well enough to breed, but I wasn't ready yet.
    How can I tell if she is pregnant?
    She is always clingy and needs so much attention, which is not normal for her. All she wants to do all day long is eat and sleep. HELP PLEASE.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2007, 05:24 PM
    An experienced person can feel puppies after a month. I would get her to the vet. Whether she is pregnant or not, ask how soon he will spay her. Allowing defective dogs to breed creates an enormous amount of misery. Pets should be spay/neutered at 4-5 months. Have the male done next week. I can't imagine you have done the research you would have needed to in order to select a male that might prove suitable for breeding. Having pets carries responsibilities including not adding the problems of excess and poorly bred ones.
    harlysdream66 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
    your dog may have hip dysplasia, but the only way to tell is ask a vet to x-ray her,
    almost ,most gsd that have it , tend to be very wobbly, on the back legs,
    but if your dog has it , please have it fixed, to prevent further puppys,
    as for beening pregnant , at 5mths sound very young in deed ,but have her checked out , just to be safe,
    a dog with dysplasia, should not carry puppys, shame on that breeder...
    you could get you money refunded, if you can prove they sold you a dog with problems,
    I've owned gsd for 25 years,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

German Shepherd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a 12 month GSD with quite a few problems. He is very dominant. I can't go near his food bowl when he's eating, when I take him for a walk I have to keep him on a lead otherwise he runs off, if any other dog comes near he tries to attack it. I don't work during the day and I got...

Aggressive shepherd 2 years old [ 3 Answers ]

My mother in law has a beautiful shepherd. There personality clashes, he tries to bite her. And has an she was bleeding. She spent 800.00 to have him retrained for his obedience. He was great for only two days and he started to bite her again... every day this has been happening. We told her to...

German Shepherd [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old male German Shepherd. He is highly socialized and has been through training. He has never had any real aggression other than the barking at strangers when entering the home. He was neutured at six months. Yesterday, I was at a college event outside at the park. A friend...

German Shepherd Training [ 8 Answers ]

I have a German Shepherd pup who like most German Shepherds is very intelligent. I am in the process of training her and I have run into some problems. It seems she get's a little nervous while working and then get's confused and want's to hide or run in circles with her ears back. She is never...

View more questions Search