Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2003, 04:40 AM
    Removing Previously opened document Word File Menu
    Hi,

I'm having a question. Normally when we open a word document and select the File Menu, then we come across all previously opened (about 4) word files. Now I want to remove those existing files which show up when we start a word document. I know how to overwrite it, by opening a few other word documents. Other than this method, Is there any other method? I need to know how to do it, if there is any other way including working out using Registry.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    SAI :)
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2003, 10:12 PM
    Re: Removing Previously opened document Word File
    saivstech, hi , your best and easiest method is to use a third-party cleaning utility program to clean out MS WORD cache area. The best program for this that I have tried and am using everyday is WINDOW WASHER 5.0, which I highly recommend. You can download a 30-day trial of it from www.download.com or any other download sites such as www.tucows.com or www.pcworld.com.

Once installed, just click on the left menu column area where you will see "WASH ITEMS". In there, check marked "MICROSOFT WORD" and other cache cleaning items you like to empty.

Once you have set up all the items you would like to empty the cache contents from, cleaning out the cache is a snap! ;D 8)
    sgsgy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 02:00 AM
    Don't buy any of that rubbish software: here is Microsofts answer from their help menu, takes 5 second, simples...
    Show or hide the list of recently used documents on the File menu
    On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
    Select or clear the Recently used file list check box.
    When the Recently used file list check box is selected, you can specify the number of recently used files that appear on the File menu.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jpg to word document [ 12 Answers ]

I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?

MS Word - Display file location [ 1 Answers ]

Currently I have Word set to display the file location at the bottom of the page... but now I forget how I set that, and can't find it in help. Can someone remind me how to set this and turn it off and on? Thanks!

Spell checking is disabled in one Document in Word [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Word Expert: The spell checking is disabled in one of my Word documents (Word 97). If I copy the entire document to a new page in Word, the spell checking becomes enable. Do you have any other way to fix it except copying and pasting into another new page?

Merging Word files into one large file [ 16 Answers ]

I have book pages stored as five files of 15 pages each. Is there a way to combine them into one large file? Thank you.

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search