Nov 19, 2010, 01:29 AM
    Alone? Forever?
    Here are the facts:
    Female
    I am 18
    Freshman at a private college
    Business major
    6' tall
    Big boned but proportionate and fit (lots of people have told me I have an amazing shape)
    To this day I have had no boyfriend, no boy or man has ever expressed any interest in me what so ever. I put myself out there, go to parties, sit with new people at meal times, talk with people and in class. I am not anti social by any means. I am part of many clubs. Could I just be doomed? I have tried instigating relationships but it has never worked and always turned out really bad. HELP! Please.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Nov 19, 2010, 04:30 AM
    You are eighteen years old. You need to relax. Focus on school, and keep doing all the things you're doing, everything will fall into place eventually.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 19, 2010, 04:58 AM
    I agree! You are among new people, 2.5 months at school.
    I knew a couple, she was at least 6' and he was very short; she liked to rest her arm on his shoulder and he would grin from ear to ear.
    You never know who you will meet and when.
    They say presidents are always tall. Perhaps you are our first woman prez.
    As for friends... people sense if you are eager and anxious, so keep it simple and casual and just be friendly and interested, as it sounds like you are doing.
    Not all of us are prom queens with guys waiting in line. Many of us just have to wait longer. Most of us, I'd say!
    JanieDoe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 06:10 AM
    I'll give you a little story.
    My husband is very tall 6.4, good body and face, very friendly.
    He had his first girlfriend at 24 y.o.

Me I'm 5.2, a little round around the edges :-) and I had my first BF at 14 y.o
    So believe me it doesn't mean anything.
    It'll definitely come your way, maybe it's already there but you don't see it yet.
    Give yourself time, and don't stress about it, people do feel it and the last thing you want is guys feeling that you are desperate.

Good luck, and believe in yourself.
    JD
    JanieDoe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Just to precise I'm not like previous generation, I'm 24 LOL
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 06:25 AM

Although it may seem like things will never change,I can guarantee you your life will change in so many ways.

Is your life the same since you were 14? Or 16? What about last year?

Enjoy your time in college,it's a great experience,you have the freedom now that you did not have 2 years ago,enjoy your life.

Stop worrying about what's not happening and enjoy what is happening.

Happy people attract happy people!

People come in all shapes and sizes,it really does not matter how you look in a pair of jeans but how you look at the world.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 10:50 AM
    You sounds beautiful, so guys may be intimidated, some (and maybe most) guys are shy and cannot bring themselves to talk, maybe you are one of those pretty girls that sit at parties and that we are afraid to talk to, but don't think they are not looking just wait the time will come when someone will approach you and you will feel wanted. Just do your work at school and don't freak out if you are not getting hit on by every guy and your friends are, the time will come and when it does you will notice, until then take care of your stuff. Plus you are only 18 the same way that I am only 19, do you really think than in the next potential 80 years of life which is 400% of what you have lived through, which half the time you barely remember, and only twenty five percent of the time you have been able to be hit on, you really think that there is little chance that you will find someone? If it is something we have, is time, so use it to your advantage, don't rush things, because that is how mistakes are made!

Good Luck,

Javi
    seepony Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Hey,
    Thank you very much. I really appreciate this post!

Nov 22, 2010, 10:39 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thank you for your comment. It is only in my own mind that I am desperate and I wouldn't even use that term. I play super cool when meeting new people. I will take your advice and just relax about the whole thing, wait and see what pans out.

Nov 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
    Comment on JanieDoe's post
    That is a reassuring story. I will take it easy and be concentrate on being a pleasant person to be around rather than worrying about the impression I give to others. Thank you for your comment.

Nov 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    Very, very good point. Life is constantly changing, why wouldn't life be different tomorrow form how it was last week? This makes sense, thank you very much for your post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donated property to a city is forever when did forever become forty years? [ 8 Answers ]

The City of North Bay Ontario had been donated park land for forever. They claim forever is only 40 years can this be substantiated by an Ontario Statute?

Alone forever? [ 3 Answers ]

All right a lot of girl find me attractive they even told me I was and I don't blame them. I mean I'm strong, smart, funny, fun to be around. But when it comes down to it nobody wants to date me. Its so confusing can anyone help me out?

Alone forever? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5.5 yrs broke up with me back in August. I have gone on a couple dates and I have had NO connection except for the one I wrote a previous thread about. I know that it's the common thing to be said by singles "ill never find anyone else" or "am I going to be alone forever?" But now...

Is She Gone Forever? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, here's my situation, I look forward to everyone's response and thank you in advance. I've dated my girlfriend for over 4 years now, and at about two years we both broke up and seen other people and came back to each other after a few months. Well everything has been great up until this point I...

View more questions Search