Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiep1989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Cousin abandoned kids and left them with me
    On September 18 of 2006 my cousin was arrested on drug charges and of course her two kids were turned over to DCS, she gave my name as someone who could take the kids. I went and picked them up and she signed a limited power of attorney to me for the kids. Well it's now 2007, she has been out of jail for months and is running wild, never contacts the kids and doesn't care. I can't take care of these two kids and no one else in our family can take them either. I don't want her to be able to just walk away, can I file abandonment charges against her? Do I go back to DCS to find placement for the kids?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 10:39 AM
    You can call DCS and arrange to have the kids turned over to them.

Why did you take them in the first place if you "can't take care of them"
    katiep1989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I am disabled, my neighbor has to help me with their care. When they called it was to provide a temporary place to stay I thought, I love the kids and want them to have a good home.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
    May I ask what the ages of the children are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never Help Your Cousin [ 3 Answers ]

My Cousin Had No Credit History So I Took Out A Loan For Him. He Has Been Paying The Monthly Bills (not Always On Time) I Just Received A Letter From A Lawyer's Office Indicating That He Is Filling For Bankruptcy AND I'm In The List Of People And Institutions That He Owes Money To. How Will...

Crzy cousin [ 6 Answers ]

I have a HUGE problem. Im fifteen and I have WAY older cousin who likes me( he's like around 20). It is so weird when I'm around him. He wants me to tell him if I like him or not. Im so scard of him. What can I do?! :'(

Cousin Liking Problem [ 5 Answers ]

The Problem is,that there is a second cousin of mine who lives abroad, She comes to india once in a year,and stays here for a month or so, But for those 30 days she always invites me wherever she goes.and Recently when she came,she treated me differently from the rest of the cousins, She gave...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

Help! Abandoned Kittens! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm in need of some deseperate help. I came home from college today to find that two 2 week old kittens had been abandoned in my loft! I need some advice! I have mammalac for them and they will take it froma syringe reluctantly, but I need all the info on little two week old kittens I...

View more questions Search