Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czepp Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
    PCI modem not working
    My modem used to work fine, then fomatted the HD, now it won't work. As far as I can tell it's a HSP56 Audiomodem riser. It is installed in the PCI1 slot on mobo. When I try to install it on windows98se it places it on com4 (I don't have com4 just com1 which is in use) which the computer won't recognise. Before the format Im sure that windows said it was on com4 and it was working fine. I've tried drivers for HSP56 Micromodem and HSP56 audiomodem riser but no luck.
    Everything in hardware devices is OK but when I go to properties for the installed modem and go to more info I get an error message saying: No response from modem. Its as if the computer can detect the hardware but there is no response from the modem. I tried evrything in the windows help and can't get a dial tone or any response from it. As I said it was working fine until the format. Please help me I must get back online.
    Adamski Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Hi.
    If there is no dial tone then you are probably using the wrong drivers.You will have to identify your modem by removing it and noting the serial # that is printed directly on it
    (not on any stick on labels).Google the number and you should come up the make.

If you have trouble post the number here and I will find the driver for you.

Regards,Adamski.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless pci card [ 6 Answers ]

I was searching for this post but I couldn't find anything on the topic I know this is a stupid question and some of you might flame me for me, but I just ordered a laptop and forgot to put a wireless chip in it, as of now I do not need the wireless but I was wondering if it is still possible...

Pci Audio Driver [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can download this driver? My sound device isn't working after formatting.

PCI Express [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nVidia GeForce 6800 (128 MB ) AGP 8x . Will this card work on a M/Board with PCI Express 16x ? Can Anybody please tell me.

Please help with pci question. [ 7 Answers ]

I recently bought an mp3 player and when manipulating files, got a message that my usb was 1.1 and not 2. Ok, so off I go to the cp store and purchase a belkin hi-speed usb 2.0 pci card. When I crack my case, I discover my pci slots don't appear to be compliant with the tab on the new card. The...

View more questions Search