Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFormby Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
    Advice about an oversized wall, crown molding, and base board
    Advice please, I have a rectangle shaped bedroom with an over size wall. I want to make the room look less wide and not so much like the rectangle that it is. Other than building a practical wall and attaching it to one side of the over size wall, what do you recommend that I do with this room that I do not like.
    Would crown molding make this room look shorter than what it already looks without crown molding?
    Also if I replaced the base board with a thicker (taller) base board would this make the room seem shorter? The ceiling is the standard height (8 ft tall).
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2010, 08:11 AM

What is ''over sized wall''?

To make a room look longer paint far wall darker then side walls.

Baseboard molding will be hidden by furniture. Have no effect.

Don't know effect u will get with crown molding. If painted same color as ceiling, may give appearance of lower ceiling. Have never looked at it that way.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1 What type of nails do I use for the real wood crown molding? Question 2 How do I measure the angle, in degrees, of my ceiling? It is something other than 90 or 45? I was hoping to use something simpler than Trig functions.

Crown molding [ 6 Answers ]

I need help to cope a inside 45 on crown molding

Crown molding on a curved wall [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way of installing crown made from wood/mdf on a curved wall?

Installing a base molding to a wall that has metal stud [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for help on installing base molding, and so far everything I have seen tells you to install the molding to the wall by nailing it to the stud. My question is; what happens if the stud in the wall is metal, would that nail hold securely in the metal stud? If not what...

View more questions Search