Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UmeMoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
    Inquiry For Qualified HSA Expense
    If qualified "medical expenses are the costs of diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, treatments affecting any part or function of the body", then I have a question regarding eligibility of a plant based vitamin, wherein I get plant-based calcium to treat my osteopenia. One can only take Fosamax for a limited time and the vitamin is prescribed by my doctor. I take two forms of this treatment, both of which are research backed and a natural scientific approach for avoiding future medical problems, and for the purpose of strengthening my bones. This vitamin is the only one of its kind.

Thanks for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer contribution - HSA form 8889 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HSA to which my employer contributed in 2008, however, the W2 box 12 doesn't show any employer contribution. My statement from the bank shows that my employer contributed about 1000$ in 2008. This is not a pre-tax contribution. In reading through instructions for form 8889, it appears...

Health Savings Account (HSA) - Form 1099-SA [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have an HSA and received a 1099-SA with $250 in Box1 of the form. Last year most of my medical charges (~$2000) occurred in Nov and Dec. I received and paid the bills from my HSA in Jan'09 and yet to receive 1 or 2 more. So, these charges did not appear in Box1 for 2008 1099-SA. My...

About HSA and Moving Expenses FOR 1040 NR Form [ 1 Answers ]

I Know I Don't Satisfy The Substantial Presence Test For 2007 And Have To File 1040 Nr Form As I Was On F-1 Opt Till Oct 2007 And On H-1 B After That. 1) I Want To Know If I Have To File Form 3903 As Per Item#26 For The Moving Expenses Reimbursement Received By Me Which Is In Item #12a Of W-2....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.