Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffers713 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Another Bios Password Disaster!!
    Could anyone tell me exactly how to bypass the bios password on a toshiba satellite a45-120 laptop? I am the typical blonde that set a password and within five hours, forgot it! I've been up all night -- my notebook in a million pieces, no diagram anywhere that I can find on the internet, and nothing but "You need to take out the battery, take out the bios battery, and then short the contacts of the bios battery holder to ground. If you don't, the capacitors on the board will still hold voltage and the bios won't be cleared. (This is the same thing the BIOS reset jumper does on desktop systems.)" I think I am going nuts, but really, I need my computer to work. Please help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Well, I suspect that the BIOS battery is under the regular battery. So take it out and look.
    tiffers713 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Actually, Scott, when I say it's in a million pieces, I was totally exaggerating. I am not a complete idiot, I will admit to my goofs, and I have read plenty of your opinions and answers to different questions. I must admit, I like your attitude, but not towards me. If this were not my first encounter with this website, I would have never posted my question. To put it in a nutshell, I HAVE taken out and off every piece of this notebook. I didn't ask where the BIOS battery is. So to anyone else who may have a response to my question, thanks for your effort. Fortunately, my ? Has been asked and answered several times by different members. Thanks for your time!

P.S. Scott, maybe I'll run into you some other time... I look forward to it anyway! ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Not sure I understand your response. Your question asked for help with resetting the password. Your question quoted some instructions that you appeared not to understand. So I tried to help by indicating what those instructions might have meant. If you found the answer elsewhere, great. But I don't see what your response had to do with my trying to help you.
    abaka Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Remove the cmos battery (small) and change the jumper for at least for 10 seconds (eg. 1-2 to 1-3)replace the jumper in original position (1-2)
    Re-install cmos battery.

Good luck
    wildghilen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Have a pic for the places of this jumper to toshiba m70.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Bios password [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using phoenix-award bios. And I lost my bios password and I've tried all the backdoor passwords provided and I didn't get any advantage.. so I tried removed my cmos and now running my system with no password. And now everybody is using my system I don`t want this.is there any program to find...

Bios password [ 13 Answers ]

Please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password, My bios are password protected and I don't remember the password . :confused:

Bios password [ 3 Answers ]

I let my brother use my laptop,and he has put a bios password on it and now he can't remember it ,my laptop is a toshiba satellite pro l20,can someone tell me how I can get it working again and that's not going to cost?

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

View more questions Search