Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romza Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 09:58 AM
    I am a 28 year old father with a child by a 17 year old girl.
    Her parents does not want to except maintenance from me for my child and thus not want to grant me access to see my child. What are my rights as the family advocate told me I am the only with rights over this child as the mother is a minor.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2010, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romza View Post
    Her parents does not want to except maintainance from me for my child and thus not want to grant me access to see my child. What are my rights as the family advocate told me I am the only with rights over this child as the mother is a minor.
    Very tricky situation. You have a child with a minor, which means in the eyes of the law, you are a sex offender.

I'd consult an attorney in your area.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 02:43 PM

What state or where is this all taking place.

Nov 18, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Nov 18, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Comment on this8384's post
    Have been to court and was acquitted of any charges as this relationship was accepted by the parents, but now since the child has arrived the wheels has turned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OK for an 18-year old girl to still cling to her father? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend (43) moved in with me a few months ago. His 18-year old daughter comes over to visit a couple of days/nights per week. They have always had a "touchy-feely" relationship. I have recently become very uncomfortable with their behavior of hand-holding, hugging, and walking arm-in-arm. ...

If a child's father does not try to speak to his child in over one year and does help [ 3 Answers ]

If the father has not seen the child for a year can the mother get full custody of her child? He does not give her money nor call about his daughter and he is in and out of jail. Would it be easy to get the custody?

Getting my four year old step girl to love me like a father [ 11 Answers ]

I am with a girl 2 year sand her daughter in now four, she disrespectful to me , hits me puches me shouts at me how do I get her to love me like a father

3 year absentee father special needs child [ 1 Answers ]

What do I say when the judge asks why does the father of a special needs child not be granted visitation if child can be with threrapists, child care professionals for their needs?

View more questions Search