Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prettypenguin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 09:15 AM
    I just got saved
    I just got saved today and I want to start my life with the lord. Are there any suggestions on how to more better my relationship?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 09:18 AM

Treat others the way you would want them to treat you.
    prettypenguin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Okay thank u :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Treat others the way you would want them to treat you.
    Good advice. I do that and I'm not even a christian.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 02:36 PM

Pretty,

I suggest you really learn and understand the GRACE of the Lord Jesus. Christianity is so not about do's and don't's... it is about what has been DONE through Jesus Christ and being transformed to His image.

Other than the Bible, I would suggest reading, or listening to Pastor Joseph Prince. He points you to the Lord Jesus and his wonderful Grace, he makes it easy to understand. That is what I would have LOVE to have been told when I was saved.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Pretty,

I suggest you really learn and understand the GRACE of the Lord Jesus. Christianity is so not about do's and don't's ...it is about what has been DONE thru Jesus Christ and being transformed to His image.
    I quite agree. And get connected with other believers who understand this.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    I quite agree. And get connected with other believers who understand this.
    Tried to give a greenie but AMHD thinks I need to spread the rep. Great minds think alike dude! We agree quite a bit... are you officially frightened? :)
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Jan 5, 2011, 07:40 PM
    How do you know that it's for real ? What evidence do you have that you're not just deluding yourself ?

Many people claim to be true born again Christians. In fact millions believe they're saved. But the Bible warns that many will be deceived. So again, what makes you sure ?

Of course you owe me nothing, not even an explanation. But really, I am trying to be helpful and give a real answer to your question.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Jan 6, 2011, 09:01 AM

Head.. Congratulation on you taking a strong step by accepting the Lord. I was watching Charles Stanley on TV the other day and he has a New Believers guide. Check that out.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2011, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    How do you know that it's for real ? What evidence do you have that you're not just deluding yourself ?

Many people claim to be true born again Christians. In fact millions believe they're saved. But the Bible warns that many will be deceived. So again, what makes you sure ?

Of course you owe me nothing, not even an explanation. But really, I am trying to be helpful and give a real answer to your question.
    What verse are you quoting... that many will be deceived about their salvation? There is a verse in Mathew that I will paraphrase.. the Lord says many will come to him in that day ( the day of Judgement) and say Lord, Lord haven't we done wonderful works in your name and the Lord says... depart from me you workers of inquity.. I NEVER knew you.

He says to them.. ".i NEVER knew you"... not" I knew you once but i kicked you out because you left me..or you did this or that wrong". Notice that these people don't know the Lord Jesus.. they doing good works in his name but do NOT have a relationship...

I will be more than happy to answer your question...

I know I am saved because the bible says clearly:

If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead... THOU SHALT BE SAVED. Romans 10:9

I have confessed and I do believe and therefore I am saved!

Ephesians 1:13 says I was sealed with the Holy spirit when I believed the gospel check it out... In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Hebrews 13: 5 says that the Lord himself has promised this to us... I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

That is how I KNOW I am real and... just for grins... Romans 8:16 says:

For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children.

I'm not working for my salvation, I'm not striving for it... I believe. GRACE! Understanding his wonderful Grace. That is the best advice I could ever give a new believer...
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Jan 7, 2011, 10:00 AM

Sorryyyy... My mistake. I apologies. I addressed Prettypenguin as Head. I just realized my mistake. Sorry Prettypeg..!

Jan 8, 2011, 02:02 AM
    Quoting classyT:
    "What verse are you quoting...that many will be deceived about their salvation ?"

Actually there are a number of verses that address your question.
    [1]Matthew 24:24 "...insomuch that if (it were) possible they shall deceive the very elect."
    [2]Matthew 24:5 "... saying I am Christ and shall deceive many."
    [3]Mark 13:6 "... saying I am (Christ) and shall deceive many."
    [4]Luke 21:8 "Take heed that ye be not deceived. For many shall come in my name, saying..."
    [5]2 Corinth.11:13 "...deceitful workers transforming themselves into apostles of Christ."

Also 1 Thessalonians 1:3 says "... your work of faith... " and 2 Thessalonians 1:11 says "... the work of faith with power." These verses and others show that believing IS work. So much for doing no work to become saved.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2011, 08:50 AM
    These verses and others show that believing IS work. So much for doing no work to become saved.
    "By grace are you saved, through faith. It is a gift of God, not works, lest any man should boast." Eph. 2:8,9.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Quoting classyT:
    "What verse are you quoting...that many will be deceived about their salvation ?"

Actually there are a number of verses that address your question.
    [1]Matthew 24:24 "...insomuch that if (it were) possible they shall deceive the very elect."
    [2]Matthew 24:5 "...saying I am Christ and shall deceive many."
    [3]Mark 13:6 "...saying I am (Christ) and shall deceive many."
    [4]Luke 21:8 "Take heed that ye be not deceived. For many shall come in my name, saying..."
    [5]2 Corinth.11:13 "...deceitful workers transforming themselves into apostles of Christ."

Also 1 Thessalonians 1:3 says "...your work of faith..." and 2 Thessalonians 1:11 says "...the work of faith with power." These verses and others show that believing IS work. So much for doing no work to become saved.
    Headstrong,
    Put the verses in context... Jesus is speaking of people who say they ARE the Christ and come to decieve... He has come already, died, rose again. You wanted to know how she knew she wasn't being deceived. If she is believeing the Bible... and the JESUS of the Bible... she isn't being deceived. Neither am I. Are you?

For without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith ( or believing) plus nothing. Wondergirl said it all with her verse.

I still don't get your point.

Jan 9, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Quoting classyT:

I still don't bet your point.

Ah. But I do get YOUR point ! I understand that the doctrines you espouse are more or less what the mainstream churches teach. And the fact is that they do NOT follow the WHOLE Bible. Only some verses here and there that their theologians have interpreted to suit their limited understanding. Hence the salvation plan you follow is patently FALSE.

If you claim to be saved BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED, THEN you're trusting your faith as having made some contribution to being saved. That concept is entirely DISOBEDIENT to God's actual plan. But I understand WHY you think that. It's because it's what the churches taught. The few verses you've quoted must be understood in light of the whole Bible. And you are CHOOSING to look at them as if they are CRYSTAL CLEAR as they stand. They are NOT. It's a trap. Consider for example Exodus 31:13. And Numbers 15:33-36. Do you suppose for one minute that the salvation of the Old Testament is one whit different from the salvation of the New ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Hence the salvation plan you follow is patently FALSE.
    In 25 words or less (in your own words, with no proof passages), what is the salvation plan YOU follow?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 04:18 PM

You are saved by accepting Christ as your saviour, You do this though faith, but not because of your faith, but with faith. If and when you are saved, you will want to do good works, but the good works will never save you. There are plenty of non saved that run great charities, that do all sorts of wonderful things, but the works do not save.

Jesus died on the Cross to be the final sacrifice for our sin, his death paid that final price so that none have to.

Jan 9, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Quoting Wondergirl:
    "Using 25 words or less...etc."

There is no salvation other than from the Bible. Therefore your generous offer of "25 words or less" is in effect saying that you don't wish to READ anything further I might have to say. OK !

Quoting Fr_Chuck:
    "You do this through faith, but not because of your faith, etc."

I understand the fine distinction you've drawn quite clearly. Thank you. But my point is that it is still YOU who is doing it. My understanding of the scriptures is that God Himself does it ALL. And further we can "ACCEPT" Jesus every day and twice on Sunday, but that does NOT get us saved. He is the one who must accept us OR NOT.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 06:12 PM

I guess one could look at a person accepting Christ as a work, it is something you have to do, make a commitment, but the bible is clear that you must accept Christ as your savior and very clear that works can not save you.

A person who of course claims to be saved and does not work, while it is not our place to judge, but if there is no works, have they really accepted? Not my place to say, but they have to do the acceptance, that is salvation, the works is our duty as a chrsitian
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Quoting Wondergirl:
    "Using 25 words or less...etc."

There is no salvation other than from the Bible. Therefore your generous offer of "25 words or less" is in effect saying that you don't wish to READ anything further I might have to say. OK !
    I'm sure I've spent more time reading the Bible than you have (and yes, merely reading the Bible doesn't save). I've read every single word you've written on this site, but still don't know exactly what you believe about salvation.

So, you're saying you cannot encapsulate salvation? I can. We cooperate with the Holy Spirit's working faith in us. I stand by Ephesians 2:8,9 as a great summary of God's work of salvation in me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are you saved [ 41 Answers ]

How do I now I am saved please help me

Was saved now not so sure [ 11 Answers ]

I know I was saved and I was close to the Lord. Lately, I feel like maybe I'm not. I do believe his is my Lord and Savior but I feel so distant from him and feel I can't get back to where I was. Once, if asked if I'd go to heaven I'd say "yes" but now I don't know for sure. Does anyone else...

Never too later to be saved [ 8 Answers ]

I need a drama script/story on this topic "never too later to be saved" please kindly assist me. God bless u all. Remember"never too later to be saved" Thanks

Once saved always saved [ 39 Answers ]

How many Christians believe in the addage, once saved always saved? I have been a Christian since age 8 and never was sure until adulthood. I heard it said at the pulpit, that once you name is written in the Book of Life it cannot be erased. A good example of this is the relationship we have...

Can it be saved [ 4 Answers ]

After 19 years not only did he have a affair he fathered child. I love him and he wants nothing more that me to let him back into my heart. My mind keeps me wondering if we are fooling ourselves thinking it can work... Help me, has it been done, I mean done for real... I do forgive him and love him...

View more questions Search