Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2011, 08:40 AM

I did read Factoring Humanity, per your suggestion. As for my tastes, I found it fair to middlin. I'm willing to try him again, though: What was your favorite book of his?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 08:45 AM

Have you read the Simon Green "Deathstalker" books, NK?

Some good SF there (it's pretty much a space opera), and Green writes a crossover series ("The Man with the Golden Torc") and a great horror/fantasy series (The Nightside books). Some pretty good wry humor but mostly great stories with great characters.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Flashforward, Rollback and Mindscan.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 05:58 AM

I just finished the 4th book in the Outlander series (Diana Gabaldon). I'm pretty burnt out on the "never ending" storyline, so it will be some time before I start on the next one.

I will say this, though: Her vocabulary is incredible. In the last book I read, I marked and saved (I'm using Kindle for all of my reading now) all of the words and am having a wonderful time familiarizing myself with them in the hopes to better my own vocabulary.

Now I'm reading Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam and The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. I'll let y'all know what I thought of them when I'm done.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Now I'm reading Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam
    Looked it up on Amazon and the summary looked great but very familiar... they made a movie out of it - October Sky and I've seen it. Crap.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 07:26 AM

I loved the movie. I'm thinking I will like the book even better since it's written by Hickam (the NASA engineer that the book and movie were about) himself.

Here's a bit about Homer Hickam: Homer Hickam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Books: what's your favorite one? Which one do you recommend? [ 32 Answers ]

I haven't picked up a book in a long time, and would really like to start reading again. I went to the library yesterday afternoon and found myself a little lost trying to pick out a book. I ended up with "The Bad Mother's Handbook" by Kate Long. It wasn't very good... I like books that keep me...

Books you'd recommend [ 3 Answers ]

Anyy good thriller or adventure books you think are really worth reading?

Recommend good books [ 7 Answers ]

I have had trouble lately finding good books to read. I wondered if anyone could recommend books they like. Lately I have enjoyed books with kind of depressing plots, with angst, attempted suicide and distraught friends, but I like happy endings. But I don't like to restrict myself to one genre,...

Comic books based on rock stars [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'd like to know how many rock, pop, rap or metal artists have their own comic book. I know, for example, that Kiss have one, but I don't know if they are more examples. Is there any website with information about all that? Thanks!!

View more questions Search