Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyberangel17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 05:51 AM
    Analyze the argument
    Legalizing marijuana will bring revenue to the states to balance the budget and provide regulated tax benefits; therefore, this is a good course of action for our failing economy.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2010, 06:27 AM

Of course you have to add a whole new bureaucratic structure to "regulate " pot and you may also have hidden costs... You probably would still have to police the sale of unregulated pot since the argument I've often heard is that taxing it would reduce demand..
    This when applied to the tobacco industry created a black market for untaxed or lower taxed tobacco smuggling which in turn continues to help fund criminal operations.

These and other factors need to be added to the calculation when determining if there really is an economic benefit in legalize/regulating the drug.

The people of California this month determined there was no such benefit and rejected a referendum that would've done it .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to analyze a poem [ 3 Answers ]

I need about 6 poems to be analyzed for my stupid english project . This is my second year taking it and i hate it ! someone please help me :(

Homework Analyze [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how you analyze this problem I am completely lost here?? Analyze the liquidity of Circuit City using each of the following analytical tools: current ratio, acid-test ratio, working capital, inventory turnover ratio, and accounts receivable turnover ratio. (Note: all...

Analyze [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how you analyze this problem I am completely lost here?? Analyze the liquidity of Circuit City using each of the following analytical tools: current ratio, acid-test ratio, working capital, inventory turnover ratio, and accounts receivable turnover ratio. (Note: all...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Analyze This [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever gotten tired of everyone around you (friends, family, co-workers, lovers, anyone and everyone) and felt that you want to be alone? It's not that you don't like them, and you certainly think that relationships are important to you, but you're just really tired of maintaining these...

View more questions Search