Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bb4489 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 02:22 AM
    Find adopted sister?
    My sister and I were taken from our mom when we were young but now we are both over 18 and I would really like to find her but I'm broke... I think she might have left state but not sure please help
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 06:24 AM

Your only real options are a licensed private investigator (which can get VERY expensive) or posting on reunion websites (which is generally free).

My favorite reunion websites are adoption.com, adoption.org, and ISRR.org. That last one is probably your best bet.

Unfortunately, if she is not also looking, you're probably not going to find her without hiring a private detective.

You have no legal connection to her if one or both of you were adopted.
    bb4489 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 11:53 PM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Well I know everything there is to know about her even her ssn which I thought would help a lot but everywhere still wants money
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 06:26 AM

Off site contact information is NOT allowed at AMHD.

If you have information to give, you should give it publicly. Otherwise the point of being on an online help desk is not being served.

In addition, it's silly and stupid to post your email address on a public website. Are you INVITING scammers to come find you?

BOTH of your posts have been deleted. Please keep information posted on this board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find my adopted sister patricia [ 1 Answers ]

She lives in galway now dats all I know

How to find my adopted sister with little information [ 1 Answers ]

I am 32 live in Virginia. My dad died when I was 10. My mom and him were separated and in that time he got a women preganat. I am not sure of the pin pointing details but what I was told is that somehow she got taken away from her mother and put up for adoption. Her name was Grace. After my dad...

How do I find my adopted sister [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for my for my sister all I know is her birth name *** edited not sure age and other info

How Can I Find My Adopted Little Sister? [ 1 Answers ]

Im currently 16 years old. I recently had a dream about me having another little sister. So, I asked my dad and he said that I do have another little sister, but he put her up for adoption. So I guess what I'm asking is, how can I find her? I have been to a number of adoption websites, but I never...

Find adopted sister! [ 1 Answers ]

:(how can i find my adopted sister? I haven't seen he in over like 7 years. Every website that i have found does'nt help an it cost alot of money so i need some way to find her that doesnt cost!! Lol i really want to find her . If you can help in any way write me back!! Thanks, ...

View more questions Search