Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puglover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 01:04 AM
    My Pug throws up after eating
    My 9 yr. old female Pug has recently been eating then throwing up shortly afterwards. In the last 2 days, though, she really has had no interest in eating. I finally got her to try again and within 20 minutes, she threw it back up. I can't see my Vet until Monday. There have been no changes in food. Should I wait until Monday (it's Friday night) or take her to the emergency vet? Thanks for any help. Lucy
    animal advocate Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 01:42 AM
    I think you should take her to the emergency vet. Waiting could be dangerous. She could have an obstruction in her intestines, she could have pancreatitis, she could have liver or kidney failure, or poisoning. There are just too many dangerous possibilities to wait. Also please check her food and make sure it isn't old or contaminated in some way.

Please keep us updated on her condition.

Molly
    badams007 Posts: 106, Reputation: 12

Jan 7, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I'm late in on this, but I would take her in if you haven't. I worry less about obstructions in a dog like this (unless she's a Hoover like my jack russell) and more about pancreatits or kidney/liver problems.

She can go without food for a couple of days, but she can dehydrate quickly, and she loses fluids every time she gacks.

PLEASE let us know how you make out and any diagnosis you get.

-Bth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat throws up every morning? Help! [ 8 Answers ]

My cat is 2 years old. Lately he has been throwing up every morning. He doesn't do it during the day when we are gone. He only throws up his food in the mornings. It is usually whole pieces of his dry food. I only feed him dry food. He has allergies, so we use ID prescription cat food or **** van...

Pug Puppy Pooping Problem [ 11 Answers ]

I have a six month old pug puppy named Pearl. She poops 5 times every single day. Her poops are solid and good-sized, and they are FREQUENT. I feed her half a cup of Nutro Lamb and Rice Puppy formula dry kibble in the morning and half a cup at night. I have been adding a little Iams gravy in...

My pug [ 1 Answers ]

My pug just weaned her puppies about a week ago and now she started bleeding like she is when she comes in heat . Is this a normal thing for dogs to do after they wean them??

My pug puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 six week old pug puppies that don't want to wean from there mother they cry for her so I was wondering do I keep them away from her all times or what.thanks

Cross eyed pug puppy [ 1 Answers ]

My male pug puppy is 8 weeks old and we just got him yesterday. He appears to be cross eyed - except the opposite way i.e. his eyes both roll to the outer sides. The owner we bought him from said that this would resolve itself as he grows up but I just wanted a second opinion!

View more questions Search