Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamies Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Very curious
    My ex and I were dating for two years and after the first year he started law school. So he was working full time and going to school at night. The first year of school for him was pretty hard and he felt a lot of stress and with our relationship it added more stress because he was going into a cave of overwhelmed.. So he decided to end things because he couldn't handle it all.. His grades were not going well and so he pushed me out of the picture. So I let him go realizing that we were on two different paths. From the day he left two years ago he contacts me all the time saying how much he loves me and misses me but has to finish school and wants to start something again when he is done.. He knew I wasn't going to wait for him and I didn't. In my eyes he was saying.. sorry I want to be single and free to date who I want and not be tied down right now in my life. So I continued to date other guys and have my own life not really caring about what is doing.. But at least twice to three times a week for the last two years he has stayed in my life. No I haven't slept with him or anything but I have been keeping him at a distance but living my own life. I never ever contact him first. Apart of me feels that maybe this is all a game or a back burner thing, but what if it is a person that needs to get his life on track before really being ready for something bigger.. anyway he will be done with his bar exam in march and since I haven't met someone that I really wanted to be with yet and my heart is still part with him its hard to close the door without knowing if he is really going to step up when he is done with school.. I don't want to wonder if I just waited a few more months.. I would rather know the truth but I am confused.. I was going to give him until the end of April to step up.. and then if he doesn't like he has said all along... delete all I know of him.. this is really hard for me to know what to do.. I just feel torn..
    missb Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Jan 6, 2007, 01:14 AM
    I think you should just do you.whatever happens happens. I don't think you should put your life on hold just to see if he would step up. Im not saying delete him from your life at this moment. Just have friends and when he come around and sticks to his word about being with you then go for it if you still want to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 07:11 AM
    I suspect if you wait until he calls then a lot of questions will be answered but do not give up the life you want for anyone. He had his chance so not only does he have to step up, but convince you that he was worth it. No hurry Go slow on this and if he calls don't just jump in since you BOTH have grown and changed and the world really is different now. Slow and honest is the key. You might not even be in love anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I [ 15 Answers ]

I’m curious about PM. J_9 got one and posted it to the board. Other boards I have been on PM is private. I’m a little uncomfortable with the thought that if I PM someone it might be thrown onto the board. Where do we stand on PM? Are there some rules I should have read about PM?

Curious [ 2 Answers ]

Just curious. I know that they say you can't feel the baby move until about your 4th month, but I could swear there are times I feel slight movements, that feel different then gas. With my son, I didn't feel him till 4 months, but I have heard that in subsequent pregnancies, you feel movement...

Curious [ 12 Answers ]

I was just wondering, but my friend told me that a period doesn't last very long when you are using tampons and it lasts longer when you are using pads.. is this true?

Curious [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, my significant other and I had intercourse about 3 weeks ago. We didn't bother to use protection because he said in the beginning of our relationship that the doctor told him he was sterile, but they never actually performed a sperm count on him. Well about 2 weeks after we had intercourse...

Just curious... [ 1 Answers ]

Aloha! I'm new to this site and posted a reply earlier... But I guess it will be easier to post here... My name is Jeannie BD: 11/4/74, my husband Jeff BD: 11/5/75, and my daughter Noel BD: 2/3/99. I am just curious about what is generally ahead for us in the next year. I read Tarot and am...

View more questions Search