Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MacTechDave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
    2 computers, 1 keyboard, Same Keystrokes
    I'm NOT looking for a KVM switch, so please don't even mention them.

Synergy doesn't do what I want because it only types on the machine that has the mouse on its desktop.
    I want something that Splits the signal from the keyboard, and sends the keystrokes to BOTH systems simultaneously.

Is this at all possible?
    TexanPatriot Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2010, 09:18 PM
    I don't think it's possible.

If I recall keyboard interfaces are two way. Your keypresses send data, but hardware acknowledgements will have problems because of multiple paths and sync issues. Hardware collision will likely even prevent such a setup from even booting up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2010, 04:56 AM

I don't think its possible either. But if you explain WHY you want to do this, we may be able to suggest alternatives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does 97 keystrokes per minute mean? [ 5 Answers ]

What does 97 keystrokes per minute mean - does it also count empty spaces (Bar space being used), I gave a test online and it says 47 words per minute without any error. Where I am at to quality for 97 keystrokes per minute ?

Automatic keystrokes! [ 3 Answers ]

hi there. I've got perhaps some sort o spyware issue or virus. At random (usually 5 minute intervals) my computer starts automatically typing the letter "f". Had to cut and paste that one because once it starts the only way to stop it is to "backspace" until it clears all the letters its...

Computers: what is an economic (and idiotproof)way of networking two home computers? [ 1 Answers ]

The prioncipal computer is Windows 7 model, and I wish to bring an older computer into the same operating status re broadband etc. What equipment and cabling is necessary?

Using 1 keyboard and 1 mouse for 2 computers [ 2 Answers ]

I am using to machines (PCs) with 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. Is there a way to have only one mouse and a key board as I have to software to be used at one time?

View more questions Search