Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellasera906 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Trying to remember the name of a great 80's mystery movie
    When I was younger, there was a movie that was on HBO about a man writing a novel about a famous screen actress who threw herself in front of a train. The end of the movie reveals that the actress had been using her daughter to impersonate her and it was the daughter who actually killed herself. It was a really great movie and I have been searching for it forever. If anyone knows the name of it, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:41 PM
    It's possible that this is a 1978 film by the great Billy Wilder called Fedora, which is based on a story by Thomas Tryon (an actor who also produced the classic Johnny Got His Gun AND wrote the novel upon which the cult fave The Dark Secret of Harvest Home was based). This movie, which obviously riffs on Sunset Boulevard, is in fact narrated by William Holden, and also stars Jose Ferrer, Frances Sternhagen, a young Stephen Collins, Henry Fonda, Arlene Francis in her last movie role, AND Michael York... playing himself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery movie! [ 1 Answers ]

This will probably be difficult to understand but I will do my best to explain good. There was a movie I used to watch when I was little. Its animated and I think it takes place on a mountain or in the winter cause there is snow... so there's a race going on, and the only character I remember is a...

Please help! I can't remember this children's movie from the 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I don't remember much just that there was this girl and she had sisters I think two sisters and she babysat for kids and they threw up on her and then she ran out of the yard I think she was in a fairytale land or something please help I'm going nutts trying to remember

Can't remember the name of movie. [ 1 Answers ]

This movie was made in the 30's or 40's. It's about people on a ship who lead different lives and don't know where their going. They are all dead but don't know it. At the end of the movie, they each go to the afterlife that they deserve.

Movie I can't remember [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so here is what I can remember about this movie I saw as a kid. There was a middle age man going on some sort of quest. He had a magic bag, and if someone asked "What's in the bag?" He would reply you, and they would be sucked inside. Some where in the movie the hero learned to see death....

View more questions Search