How does food in the fridge cooldown?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2010, 12:16 PM

See here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/physic...ed-526440.html

Avoid double posting please. Thanks
    agghhh123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Your meant to leave the hot food out for 90 minutes to cool down, cover up the food and put it in the fridge to make sure no more bacteria can contaminate it before you re-heat it and eat it (: hope that is what you needed to know if not, sorry
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by agghhh123 View Post
    your ment to leave the hot food out for 90 minutes to cool down, cover up the food and put it in the fridge to make sure no more bacteria can contaminate it before you re-heat it and eat it (: hope that is what you needed to know if not, sorry
    Hello a:

Covering food doesn't prevent bacteria from growing on it. Letting the food get BELOW 135 degrees F, causes bacteria to grow. Hope this is what you needed.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Fridge - Freezing bottom half of the fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side refrigerator. The freezer is working fine, but the refrigerator side, the fridge is freezing bottom half. Recently fridge was not working at all, so the service guy came and replaced the fan, after that the freezer is OK, but the refrigerator is freezing the bottom half. ...

Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled [ 2 Answers ]

Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled?

Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to...

Is It Okay to Store Unfinished Cans of Food in the Fridge in Their Original Cans? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, All! I'm wondering if it's okay to store unfinished cans of food in the refrigerator in their original cans. I've heard that it wasn't okay, and that some sort of chemical reaction happens between the sides of the can and the food to make the food unsafe, once the contents has been...

Ge fridge freezer frozen fridge not cold [ 1 Answers ]

We took it apart and defrosted all the coils and it worked great for a week then the same thing happened again. I also replaced the gasket this week could it be from over stuffing or maybe the frost free is not working?

View more questions Search