Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanikabh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 05:56 AM
    My family forcing me to get married as I'm 26 nw
    It is very painful for me these days as I am a 26 years old girl now & my parents are like after my life just because they want me to get married & the problem is that I am in love & committed to a boy who is 24 years old his parents are not ready to talk anything regarding marriage because they think that it is too early for him to get married also her sister is about 26 yrs of age his parents are not ready to meet my parents as well.The boy is supportive there are some problems actually my parents think that I am stupid that I trust him & I should not marry him & there is no point in waiting for him because I am overage now. But in any worst case I just can't let him go. Actually once there was an incident one year back when my parents were forcing me that I should ask that boy to make his parents meet my parents but, as his parents are not agreeing for the marriage so he unintentionally lied to my parents & he never wanted to do all this.Due to this my parents think that he is not good & they are forcefully trying to fix my marriage somewhere else. Please help as that boy is working & he has taken a flat on installment basis. But, he needs some time till the time we get possession of that house & he is trying hard to convince his parents . But that will take some time. But, the issue is getting worst my parents are not ready to wait please help.Please revert asap.Please.My mother is behaving very badly towards this
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 03:11 PM

I recommend you try to move to a Western country such as the US if at all possible. Here we marry who we want, when we're ready. Family may not like it but they have no say in the matter - it's our own adult decision.

Otherwise continue to resist or push to marry the man you love.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 15, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Ok, your parents are not wrong at all. They want to see you settled with a guy who can take responsibility. It seems that his parents not care for you so now it's up to you and him. Both can get civil marriage, later tell your parents and his parents, things will be resolved soon. I guess you can wait for another year, convince your parents,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to encourage my younger brother, when he has married against Family? [ 2 Answers ]

My Brother had married a girl without prior informations to anyone of us. The girl is from an other religion. How can I help him/ Encourage him... And How to help my family accept this...

I am 21 and I'm getting married in August. How do I break it to my family? [ 5 Answers ]

David and I have been together for 3 years now. We've lived togther for about 2. We have had our ups and downs... you know like breaking up and moving back in with the family. But now for the second time we are truly ready... HE is finally ready. (I've been ready for a while) But because of our...

Can you add someone to your deed if you aren't married or family? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, If anyone can provide some guidance on this I'd really appreciate it! I was wondering if it is possible to add someone to my deed who is not a family member? And then, to refinance the house/mortgage into both of our names? Thanks for any ideas!

A married person forcing me for physical relation [ 9 Answers ]

I am working in a IT comp. my sister's friend's husband helped me in getting that job. I was thankful to him b'coz of that. so i invited him for a treat on my b'day. after that he fall in love with me. he alway say me to become his More than friend. He always force me for physical relationship. I...

How to tell our family and friends we are getting married in two months. [ 4 Answers ]

Even though we are engaged now, we are waiting until his 20th birthday, *october 30th* to tell our family and friends of our engagement. We have the date set as December 26th, 2008. Which is two months after we break news of our engagement. How do we tell our family and friends that we are getting...

View more questions Search