Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tisthenewk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 03:16 AM
    My computer will not turn on
    Ok, so here's the major issue. I bought a computer cpu from the brand pluto from singapore 2years back, now when I use it, when I turn it on everything lights up except the green light indicating cpu activity, but no image is shown on my monitor, white states no input detected. It is only after I press the reset button on the cpu and through trial and erromr manually shut it down and turn it on will the cpu womrk, but even after that it is prone to freezing and blue screening.it also blacks out periodicallt with the cpu running but the monitor dead I have tried everything from system restore to scanning for viruses, but to no avail. I am despkerate as I have major projects to do on it but it simply will not start.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2010, 07:00 PM

Try a new power unit for the computer. This should solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't turn on [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my computer yesterday from my mother inlaw. She just got I back from being fixed. I don't know what was wrong with it then, but it turned on fine last night. Now I tried to turn it on and the light on the tower is yellow not green and the monitor light just keeps flashing what. I tried...

Computer Won't Turn On [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension E510, that won't start. I read a few other posts about the problem but mine seems a little different so I thought to start a new thread. Basically when the computer it completely shut down and off, when I press the power button to turn it on. It does nothing. The...

Possible causes the computer doesn't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My computer doesn't turn on .It is an Emachine desktop model :C2480.System Windows XP Home edition. Possible causes if I need to change the battery where should I buy it ?and what kind of battery is it? How do I reset the cmos in the computer? I have my recovery disks.

Computer will not turn on [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My wife was mad because I left the computer on, so she pulled the power cord from the back. Now the computer will not turn on at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. Any ideas? I am afraid that it is broke for good!

Computer does not turn on? [ 2 Answers ]

My Compaq presario 2100 and a while ago I got the power plug fixed and the battery did not charge so I bought a new battery after I installed the new power port and I put the battery in to the computer and it charged and the next day I was ripping music on to it and the icon that was supposed to be...

View more questions Search