Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dokota28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 05:52 PM
    15 year oldthat needs help.
    All right I'm 15 beeen in and out of homes, lost my mother, been molestedfinally found a good home and I don't know. I do dumb **** I normally wouldn't do I know it wrong and I know what I'm doing I continu to do it anyway! I get in trouble and I have no emotion anymore? What's the matter with me?? HELPPP!! :confused::mad::eek:
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:16 PM
    Start by building on successes, instead of building on negatves.

Where you are now, is the only place that counts. You are in a safe place, I presume you are in school. You have enough brain power to realize that you are thinking of right from wrong, good decisions vs. bad decisions.

Don't let the past dictate your present or your future. If you have to make your own way in this world, then make your own way, and make it count. If you forge a path for yourself with goals, and reach those goals, you will have the satisfaction of not only success, but also of conquering what many might consider impossible, because of where you came from, and what shaped you in your young years.

Many people have very, very bad childhoods. If you choose to allow your experiences of the past, dictate your future, you are doomed to fall into a trap, and history will repeat itself. Set your goals high enough that you can achieve them, starting with a high school graduation diploma, and then find ways to build on more goals, building and building, until you are where you want to be.

Nobody can influence you more than you can influence yourself. If you make good choices, pick good friends, stay clean and out of trouble, and put only your goals in front of you, you will make it.

You are, whether you see it, setting yourself up for failure, by continuously getting into trouble. Maybe you are afraid to take that step to be in charge of your own life, because the future you strive for, is an unknown, until you reach it. At least where you are, your behaviour is predictable, and you know what to expect, because you haven't yet made the decision to change yourself.

The lack of emotion you feel, may have to do with the fact that there is nothing meaningful, or satisfying, or gratifying, by getting into trouble, and repeating the same old patterns of behaviour. Punishment is meaningless, and regardless of how much trouble you get into, none of it has a positive outcome, but, it does have a predicatable outcome.

The only thing you need to think about, and decide to do, is to change. While it sounds simple enough, it isn't. Rewards aren't immediate, dedication and sticking to the plan to reach a goal (ie doing homework to pass your courses to reach the goal of graduating), is something you will need to learn. One step at a time. If you are committted to changing who you are, where you want to go, and what you want to accomplish in this life, it all starts with the commitment to change.

It's entirely up to you.
    dokota28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 02:52 PM
    I see where your getting at but I really don't look back on my past. Its just that I am in a great home and with people who love me and would do anything for me and I'm sitting here messing up withno emotion but I understand what I'm doing wrong after I do and sometimes before... I care but then again my emotions and actions show I don't? I really think there is something wrong with me?
    Bielbo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 02:48 AM
    I think you need some therapy... Obviously the death of your mother is putting you in some sort of dark place! You should get help as soon as possible because this road your walking on is going to hurt you a lot more than it does now and/or could get you in jail which will be even worse! 15 year old's shouldn't be subject to that.

If that family loves you like you say they do then you owe it to them to be honest about how you feel and what stupid stuff you've done and tell them you need help. Tell them its because your mother died... That's my explanation for you being the way you are!

I think music is a good help. The Beatles and Johnny Cash will really tell you about life... Both good/bad parts of it!

I hope things work out for you. Please update on your progress!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Show the beginning of the year and end of year in a cost of good manufacture in excel [ 1 Answers ]

Canseco Company Beginning of 2007 End of 2007 Direct materials inventory $22,000 $26,000 Work-in-process inventory 21,000 20,000 Finished goods inventory 18,000 23,000 Purchases of direct materials 75,000 Direct manufacturing labor 25,000 Indirect...

View more questions Search