Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lanalee123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 11:25 PM
    Should I go for custody of my little brother
    I am 21 I was just wondering if I should get custody of my little brother you see our mother over dosed on drugs when he was a baby and his father was left to take care of us me, my older brother Ashley and my 2 little brothers Shannon who is in foster care now and Liam who still lives with the father. After my big brother got kicked out I was left to take care of my little brothers I was only seven then. I then got kicked out and was forced to lie about everything that my mums boyfriend had done to us. My little brothers were abused I was told by a family member that 1 of my brothers shannon who was only 3 than was pulled inside by his hair he is now 14 going on to 15 and is foster care and well my brother liam is all alone he has always got treated differently by the father he was told by the father that he hated him and that he wishes he was dead or even threatened him *** I need help I don't know what to do...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2010, 04:35 AM
    You have a good heart after all that has happened, that will help get you through life. You don't say where you live or how old Liam is now but he has to be at least 14? Since one brother is in foster care, a social worker must be reachable, and I would start there. I'd guess that the odds of getting custody are slim, and that he would go to older foster adults if they agree that he is being abused. Meanwhile stay close to him for support but steer clear of the dad as much as you can. Good luck. Find out how old he has to be to leave on his own. In the US, each state has emancipation laws and ages at which it can be done. You can Google those words.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2010, 05:59 AM

This has nothing to do with emancipation. If one brother is in foster care social services is aware of the family problems. So go to the case worker that handles the brother in foster care and tell them you are concerned about the other brothers and want to foster him or get custody. The case worker should be able to help you with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody over younger brother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im 18 years old and I have a brother that is 15 both our mother and father is dead he is now in a program in ft. lauderdale. I want to get custody over him. Please give me advice on what to do.

I would like to know my brother is 18 can he get custody of me? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 years of age I live in New York long island, I would like to know if my brother who is 18 can take custody of me and if he does can we still live in the same household as our mother. We do not get along with her though we keep to ourselves but she had told me tonight on may 18, 2009 for me...

Custody of my brother [ 1 Answers ]

My brother lives with my grandparents they have guardianship of him, but he wants to live with me and my fiancé and 2 1/2 month old baby.He is 14 years old, my question is what do I have to do to get custody of my brother?

Can I get custody of my brother [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a 2 year old brother which is by my father not my mother well my father and his girlfriend do drugs like shooting up the bad kind and it caught up with them my dad got into a bad deal and he almost died well he is being put up on drug charges and his girlfriend is...

View more questions Search