Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeLounibos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 11:54 AM
    My Kenmore Elite he4 won't start
    I have a kenmore Elite HE4 - Smartheat Quietpak9 dryer just over a year old. It lights up and lets me choose my drying options, but when I press start it just beeps and won't start. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in still won't start. Thank you for any ideas you may have.

The model# is 110.95091401
    wolfhome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLounibos
    I have a kenmore Elite HE4 - Smartheat Quietpak9 dryer just over a year old. It lights up and lets me choose my drying options, but when I press start it just beeps and won't start. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in still won't start. Thank you for any ideas you may have.

The model# is 110.95091401
    My husband and I often adopt appliances that are either on the side of the road or dropped off at the recycle center. If its working we give it to someone who needs one or upgrade our own. If it doesn't it's back at the recycle center in a couple of days.

Today we found a Kenmore Elite HE4 Smartheat Quietpak 9 on the side of the road. It had obviously been left out for the trash as it had rained the previous night and was still damp. When we plugged it in it took it's own sweet time about booting up but is now working perfectly.

From what I've been reading up on it the dead control panels are a big problem with this model (I've looked at a couple of sites about it and it's the same complaint everywhere).

The one we've got looks like it had this problem as well.

My suggestion is to unplug it.
    DON'T plug it back in immediately!!
    Let is sit for about 10 hours to a full day (long enough for whatever backup battery it has to die from being unplugged).
    THEN plug it back in and see if it helps.
    I'm pretty sure that is what rescued this machine.

Hope this helps. Sorry about the longwinded story.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Check the thermal fuse as well. If it is bad, you will get these symptoms as well. Remove 1 wire from it and check it for conitnuity. If none, replace. It is about $10. It is on the back of the blower housing and is about 3/8" wide and about3" long. Also check the circuit board for a burnt spot.
    tomtom22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 07:31 PM

By the way, my HE4 has been giving me headaches for a year now in that to run the dryer I have to press a sequence of buttons at the same time, then let go of them in a certain order. Anyhow, today I had a few minutes to spare and thought I'd see what's new on this topic. I followed the more-less-more-less-more... repeating button sequence (see: HE4 Dryer Am I being Unreasonable? - Laundry Room Forum - GardenWeb - too much of a pain to register there so posting here) to get the machine in diagnostic mode and saw that the Damp Dry notification button was flashing. I pressed it hard a couple of times to unstick it and sure enough - WALLAH!! Everything works again. Thanks a million to chrisishardcore above. Hope this helps others.
    kore67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 07:42 PM
    My kenmore dryer elite smart heat quiet pak 9 he4 won't produce any heat, it won't dry my clothes. Does anybody have pictures of the inside of one with directions.
    chrisoxnard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
    If you take the top off your dryer (3 screws in back) there is a service manual for techs taped to the inside... you can't miss it.. it was a very valuable find to me
    chrisoxnard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Check you thermal fuse and your thermastat before you replace your ignitor (glow bar) you can check with a meter,, if you get infinate reading its bad... you get the reading by setting your meter to proper setting and touching each end to opposite plugs on the part, if you get mild reading its good... these dryers are made in china probably by a ten year old.. once you get in they are pretty simple to work on... I found with mine that a lot of the screws were loose already... its just really bad that an "American" company puts out a product like this and then won't even back up their junk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

My dishwasher had been working for more than three years. Suddenly, it will not start and the Quick Rinse light is flashing. All control panel buttons became inactive. The Model/Serial is 665.15959000. I am trying to reset the dishwasher or run diagnostic so I can find out which part need to be...

Kenmore Elite HE4 Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I just brought home a brand new Kenmore Elite HE4 Dryer and it will not turn on.

Kenmore Elite He4 dryer controls problem [ 2 Answers ]

about a year ago I purchased a Kenmore Elite HE 4 dryer about a month ago the touchpad controls were not respoding after several hours latr=er it sarted working again. I thought something neededto be reset but it has happened again. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it....

Kenmore Elite He4 Dryer stuck on Casual setting [ 5 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite He4 Dryer is stuck on the "Casual" setting and won't let me change it! How do I reset it so that I can choose my own setting? I've tried holding down the Pause/Cancel button, but nothing happens. HELP! Thanks!

Kenmore HE4 dryer won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kenmore HE4 dryer less than a year old. It lights up and lets me choose my drying options, but when I press start it just beeps like it does when the door is not shut properly. The light burned out yesterday could it be related? It is driving me crazy because I keep thinking it must be...

View more questions Search