Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Nov 12, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Am I ever going to meet the right person?
    Hi, I hope this post doesn't sound too corny, and if it does I apologize in advance.

I am a 20 year old woman who has pretty had the worst luck with men so far in my life. I know I am still fairly young, but ever since the beginning of grade 5, all the guys who were usually attracted to me were the class clowns and rebels, so to speak. And I was never attracted to them in return because they weren't right for me. All throughout my life I've barely had 6 boyfriends in total, and my relationship with each of them didn't last more than 7 months max.

Now, I am nearing the end of my second year of university, and I have still not met a guy I can somewhat settle down with, and I'm getting really upset and lonely, because most of my friends are dating men they really love and are engaged to some of them and have been in happy relationships for more than 4 years.

My question is, (not to sound cheesy) why haven't I found the 'right' guy? What do all my other friends have that I don't? Why do I end up attracting the jerks?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Nov 12, 2010, 10:11 PM

If you learn how to build a life for yourself that you're happy with and enjoy, chances are you'll find a guy eventually. Hang in there, stop worrying. The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 19, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Honestly, I know plenty of women in their 40's who are still asking that question. Six boyfriends by the age of twenty is actually a lot!! Give it more time and be picky. It pays to have a good relationship, than one just for convenience and fun.
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Nov 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Oh I agree with you rosemcs. I just wonder why my other friends seem perfectly in love with their boyfriends and why my relationships never last more than 6-7 months tops. I think maybe it IS because I am too picky, maybe guys hate that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In what movie does a young girl meet a man online, they meet, go to his place, and [ 1 Answers ]

And she ends up cutting off his penis?

Meeting someone online... How soon to meet them in person? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I've been going on okcupid and plentyoffish and sometimes get responses to my messages... I'm wondering how soon is too soon to ask to meet someone in person? My experience has been that people stop responding to my messages after 3 or 4 mails... so I want to ask for a number or a casual...

Free topic sentence on history If I meet a person 10,000 years old [ 1 Answers ]

I need A topic sentence for if I meet a person who is 10,000 years old what would I ask him?

How often do you meet a really nice person you really like. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I've been in a relationship for 6 years and we are most likely going to call it quits. What is really bugging it about me is I meet girls in college and see girls around in stores, the mall, bars, clubs and I never met a girl that I would replace my girlfriend with, although I avoid meeting...

View more questions Search