Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
    I write - I write a LOT
    Hello:

The problem is, I write HERE. In fact, I have a body of work that spans over 10 years. What good is it? I had a blog once called askexcon.. But, they were already asking me questions HERE. So, it went kablooie..

I tried to write story's. But, my apostrophes were always in the wrong place. Anyway, I wrote one a long time ago, and I kept on promising my editor that I'd write more. I didn't. I was busy saving the world. So, if you run into my editor out there, tell her I'm sorry.

excon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post

I tried to write story's. But, my apostrophes were always in the wrong place.

It is 'stories' not possessive 'story's'. I see the problem. You obviously are bored and couldn't find any worthwhile questions to get your teeth into.

Tick
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
    You have an editor? :)
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2010, 02:16 PM

There's a website called Grammarly - English grammar checker, proofreader & plagiarism scanner which will check and correct your grammar and spelling for you. It's a subscription site, but not mad expensive, and you can get a trial week for free.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    There's a website called Grammarly - English grammar checker, proofreader & plagiarism scanner which will check and correct your grammar and spelling for you. It's a subscription site, but not mad expensive, and you can get a trial week for free.
    Good idea but I think exxy would rather suffer.

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 02:49 PM

Your editor accepts your apology.

She has decided, now that she's retired, to shop your stuff to some publishing companies (NOT company's). Are you willing to forget her apathy, and move forward into a new dawn of wealth and fame? Send her a sample of some of the excon-type Q&As from AW, if you have them. Or she'll revisit it and glean a few. (There won't be a copyright conflict?)
    Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 04:11 PM

Yes, suffering has it benefits, definitely. Look at all the attention you are getting from a really outré post.

Tick
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 04:15 PM

Exy, I'd edit but I've been told that I have too many comma splices. I guess you and I are in the same boat writing wise.

I too have a great editor, she's the bomb. You may know her, she's a sweet lady that loves cats and despite my errors she still loves me. I think . ;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 04:19 PM

Those comma splices!! Eeeeeeeek!! Hide my eyes!! I do love Alty. I really, really do. Say it again to be sure. I love Alty! Yes, I do!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Those comma splices!!! Eeeeeeeek!!!! Hide my eyes!!! I do love Alty. I really, really do. Say it again to be sure. I love Alty! Yes, I do!
    I am getting better. Aren't I? :o

I love you too WG. :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 08:27 AM

I'll edit, but I can't guarantee your spelling...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants me to write her a soppy message, what do I write or say ? [ 18 Answers ]

Well yeah, my girlfriend wants me to write a soppy, love felt message and I don't know what to write. Can anyone help me or give me some clues ? Would be a big help thanks

I want to write on something [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write an article and I have no idea of what to write about. I have written about global fuel crisis before and it was commended. Please can someone give me an idea. I want to write about something many people can relate to.

I know not what to write here [ 1 Answers ]

I guess for this to work well you will need a short history, child of a divorce angry-protective to not so angry-need to help to not angry-with a need to comfort OK that is out of the way. Now on to the question I listen and I am good at it, how do you stop without offending the people who already...

View more questions Search