Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daverog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Am I eligible to collect due to seasonal layoff
    I worked at two restaurants during the busy summer hours from June to oct. The restaurant let me go due to lack of work they said that they will hire me back next summer. The claims adjuster needed the statement from the job to verify that I was laid off which in Fact I provided to them. I should be able to collect am I right
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 11:57 AM

What state is this in? Some states require a certain minimal uninterrupted work period before you are eligible to collect anything. But Unemployment is state based and as such the requirements vary state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need opinions regarding layoff [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a company that has been laying off a handfull of people every year since 2007. It started again with 11 people receiving notices. They have however created 7 new positions. Normally the new positions are posted for all bargaining members to apply, including those that just received...

I have a 1st mortgage on my ex-husband's house, due June 2011. How do I collect? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1st mortgage on my ex-husband's house, due June 2011. A bank holds the 2nd mortgage. How do I collect? Can I find a lawyer who will make the process happen? The house is in Keene, NH. The mortgage is for $18,000. Thank you, Susan

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Dual citizenship French/US. Mother French.Am I eligible and is my daughter eligible [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, she had French and American Citizenship.. My sisters and I all have US citizenship. My mother put together all of the paperwork to make sure my sisters and I could have dual citizenship... My sisters all applied for dual French citizenship and received it 17 years ago...

View more questions Search