Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbreddyasuh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 08:35 AM
    My i140 is pending can visit to india
    I applied for I-140 alone (first sep of green card) and the case is pending.Havent applied the I-485. Meanwhile can I visit india on H1b visa and come back to USA.

Any advise is appreciated
    Thanks
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 12, 2010, 09:14 AM

Yes, if you have the H-1B visa issued and it is still valid. The H-1B is a dual intent visa classification, statutorily allowing for you to have the intention to immigrate and still hold a non-immigrant visa. You can confirm this with an immigration attorney.

Have a good trip. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I140 denied and I485 pending [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my husband's company filed an EB1 EA petition in 2008 at Nebraska. However in between the company changed the lawyer. The new lawyer mention that the petition should have been filed under EB1 - OR category. We received an RFE in March 2009. The response was sent in April 2009 and we received a...

COS to F1, now I want to visit India [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I came to the US about 5 years ago on B2. I got myself in kaplan after 5 months of entry. I got my status changed to F1 . After 4 months studyng at kaplan I got into a program at a good university. I completed my masters there and did a 1 yr opt. Now I have joined another program at the same...

I140 Iin process,what is next [ 1 Answers ]

I filled for I140 in September 07. Is filling for I 148 the next step, If yes, when can I do it.

View more questions Search