Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlloui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 07:23 AM
    Health worries. Advice please!
    Hi, I am worried about my health a little, it is probably nothing but I just would like some advice. I'm not underweight (170cm, 61kgs & female) but I do follow a strict diet and aim to not eat more than 500 calories a day, and the calories I eat have to be good calories (as in fruit and veg#. A few weeks ago I started taking laxatives as I couldn't go to the bathroom, and I have kept taking 2 or 3 every night. The last few days I haven't been feeling well and sometimes I can't keep food down. Tonight I ate some soup and I felt really unwell and had to throw it up. I used to make myself vomit but I never do anymore #except from tonight where I had to as I felt so unwell). I am also under a lot of stress at the moment and have experienced panic attacks before, maybe that is causing my stomach upset too? Please can you reply. Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 08:56 AM

500 calories a day is NOT sufficient to lose weight and maintain proper nutrition.

YOu are also not intaking enough food and thus roughage to proper bowel movements.

You need to completely revise your diet... I see nothing healthy about it.
    charlloui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 08:57 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Well it is sufficient to lose weight, as I have already lost 15kgs.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 09:33 AM

Suffient if you want to die eventually...

Its pretty obvious its not enough to remain healthy, because you are experiencing the results of that right now.

You can lose weight on a ZERO calorie diet too, but it will eventually kill you. The question is how quick and at what cost.

You would lose weight on a 1,200 calorie diet... it might take longer but you won't wreck your health doing it.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Nov 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
    You should drink lots of water. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. If you drink lots of water and eat fruits and vegetables you won't have to take laxatives. It's not good for your body taking laxatives everyday like that. To help with your stress you may want to try taking a long walk. Also doing yoga is very good for helping with stress. You have to find out what is stressing you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worries about my mother [ 5 Answers ]

I hope somebody can help me. I have an elderly mother I care much about, but I´m afraid she has serious mental health problems and it´s affecting the whole family. I have wonderful nieces and nephews and fostered a couple of them. We all went on a trip this year and had great fun - including my...

Pregnant worries [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I had sex with my girlfriend last night and for a brief I didn't wear condom. Of Course, I didn't ejaculate at all and had just inserted my genitalia about 7 times. Should I be concerned she will get pregnant for this? I had Cowper's liquid with my penis but didn't ejaculate at all. Thanks

I have some worries about me and my girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

k, she lives in Nevada, I live in australia, she is such a wonderful person A few issues 1st- I think she may be having doubts about whether I love her.. coz she asked "baby do you love me?" and the way it was phrased worries me... 2nd- I adore her, I love her... but I don't feel happy about...

Pregnancy worries [ 2 Answers ]

I am 25 yrs I have special needs, and global delay however; this has not stopped me in all ways. I work for a well-known high street store, and have done so for the past 5 yrs. When I was 18 a friend introduced me to this guy, and we started going out. My parents at the time were going through...

View more questions Search