Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennkent5454 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 08:22 PM
    Questions about being sued in Texas by a credit card company
    What is the first step I should take? Pull a credit report? I would like to do this without a lawyer, any pointers of what to do or what to expect in court is appreciated. How should I answer the following questions which are stated in the papers I was served? The total is $3,320.35 plus pre and post judgment interest, court cost, and all other relief.

FACTS TO BE ADMITTED OR DENIED
    1. admit or deny that you requested that GE MONEY BANK open a credit card account on your behalf. RESPONSE
    2. admit or deny that GE MONEY BANK opened an account. RESPONSE
    3. admit or deny that since the account was opened, use of the card results in GE MONEY BANK opening a line of credit on your behalf for the amount charged or cash advance requested. RESPONSE
    4. admit or deny that, since the account was opened, you are required and obligated to repay all charges or cash advances incurred on the account. RESPONSE
    5. admit or deny that you have resided at current address during all times relevant to this suit. RESPONSE
    6. admit or deny that you received monthly statements of account at current address. RESPONSE
    7. admit or deny that you received a demand letter from plaintiff and/or plaintiffs attourneys for payment of the subject debt. RESPONSE
    8. admit or deny that you never filed for a written complaint or dispute concerning any of the charges listed on your monthly statement within 60 days from the date you received those charges. RESPONSE
    9. admit or deny that all just credits and offsets have been applied to your account. RESPONSE
    10. Admit or deny that pursuant to your contract, interest continues to accrue on the matured outstanding balance due at the highest contractual or lawful rate until paid. RESPONSE
    11. Admit or deny that your account is now payable to plaintiff. RESPONSE
    12. Admit or deny that you have failed to pay the balance due owed to plaintiff. RESPONSE
    13. Admit or deny that neither the plaintiff nor any agent or employee of the plaintiff ever agreed to release you from further obligation to the plaintiff. RESPONSE
    14. Admit or deny that all requirements and notices have been met or given. RESPONSE
    15. Admit or deny that you are not currently a member of the United States Armed forces with assignments or orders which would give you a legal right to delay this legal matter according to the law. RESPONSE
    16. Admit or deny that you owe plaintiff the sum of $3,320.35 plus any accrued interest. RESPONSE

I listed all the questions just looking for the proper response to give for each.

this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkent5454 View Post
    What is the first step I should take? pull a credit report? I would like to do this without a lawyer, any pointers of what to do or what to expect in court is appreciated. how should i answer the following questions which are stated in the papers i was served? the total is $3,320.35 plus pre and post judgment interest, court cost, and all other relief.

FACTS TO BE ADMITTED OR DENIED
    1. admit or deny that you requested that GE MONEY BANK open a credit card account on your behalf. RESPONSE
    2. admit or deny that GE MONEY BANK opened an account. RESPONSE
    3. admit or deny that since the account was opened, use of the card results in GE MONEY BANK opening a line of credit on your behalf for the amount charged or cash advance requested. RESPONSE
    4. admit or deny that, since the account was opened, you are required and obligated to repay all charges or cash advances incurred on the account. RESPONSE
    5. admit or deny that you have resided at current address during all times relevant to this suit. RESPONSE
    6. admit or deny that you received monthly statements of account at current address. RESPONSE
    7. admit or deny that you received a demand letter from plaintiff and/or plaintiffs attourneys for payment of the subject debt. RESPONSE
    8. admit or deny that you never filed for a written complaint or dispute concerning any of the charges listed on your monthly statement within 60 days from the date you received those charges. RESPONSE
    9. admit or deny that all just credits and offsets have been applied to your account. RESPONSE
    10. admit or deny that pursuant to your contract, interest continues to accrue on the matured outstanding ballance due at the highest contractual or lawful rate until paid. RESPONSE
    11. admit or deny that your account is now payable to plaintiff. RESPONSE
    12. admit or deny that you have failed to pay the ballance due owed to plaintiff. RESPONSE
    13. admit or deny that neither the plaintiff nor any agent or employee of the plaintiff ever agreed to release you from further obligation to the plaintiff. RESPONSE
    14. admit or deny that all requirements and notices have been met or given. RESPONSE
    15. admit or deny that you are not currently a member of the United States Armed forces with assignments or orders which would give you a legal right to delay this legal matter according to the law. RESPONSE
    16. admit or deny that you owe plaintiff the sum of $3,320.35 plus any accrued interest. RESPONSE

I listed all the questions just looking for the proper response to give for each.
    Pulling your credit report is only going to show you the accounts that are being reported by numerous creditors. It may not help you with your court case, but it won't hurt.

What I'm reading is that you opened a credit card with GE Money Bank, defaulted on payments and are now being sued. What you've posted is exactly what the court is asking: did you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been sued in Texas over credit card debt what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

When does the statute of limitations run in Texas and in their petition do they not need to provide an accounting or statement. I'm being sued by collection agency in county court - what do I need to do?

In the State of Texas being sued for credit card. [ 3 Answers ]

How long does a judgement stay on my record, and how long can they are they able to garnish from my accounts?

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

What will happen if I am sued by a credit card company and the law in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

What will happen if I am sued by a credit card company and the law in Texas

Being Sued in Texas for a past credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons, to appear in my county court because I am being sued by a credit card company for a past debt that was charged off. I have no means to pay a lawyer, and wonder if anyone can help. Can I show up to the court by myself? How do I plead? What is the precoces and what do I...

View more questions Search