Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peter02065 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Air concentration...
    If in air there are 21 moles of O2 at 25⁰C and in 1atm, what is the concentration of NO in ppm? (assume that the total concentration of the two Oxides in reaction NO + 1/2 O2 -> NO2 is 5ppm)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 10:46 AM

Are you sure that this question is complete?
    peter02065 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    I think yes... but if I was sure maybe I could be able to solve this... Is something missing?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 10:01 PM

Well, 21 moles of O2 is before of after the reaction?

Is this reaction you are using a reversible reaction?
    If so, then you will possibly need the pressure constant of this reaction.

If it's what I'm thinking then the question should say that at equilibrium, there is 21 moles of oxygen gas, because if the reaction is non reversible, then all the oxygen will react with NO to form NO2, then maybe the excess O2 is 21 moles but then, it wouldn't ask for its concentration because it's equal to zero if so.

So, I'll assume that it's a reversible reaction that you meant.

Find the volume that the 21 moles of O2 occupy using the ideal gas equation;

Then, find the concentration of O2 in ppm.

There will be twice that concentration of NO according to your equation, but only if at the beginning the concentration of O2 and NO were in the ratio 1:2 or if the reaction was begun using NO2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concentration problem [ 0 Answers ]

I am in 12th class, I wants to become doctor but I have a biggggggggggg problem actually whatever I learn I forget that next day.. I'm not determinant girl, I make time table daily but never follow it, my motivation level is sooooo low in now days and Whenever I do study, I am thinking about...

Concentration [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate concentartion?

Calculating concentration [ 1 Answers ]

I am stuck on this question and can't seem to figure it out. Question: calculate the maximum magnesium ion concentration in an aqueous solution of 0.020 M barium hydroxide, Ba(OH)2. The Ksp for magnesium hydroxide, Mg(OH)2, is 1.2 x 10^-11 at 25 degrees Celsius. Thanks

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search