Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kushibe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 03:18 AM
    I have a 7 year old Lab and for the past week he is not eatting his dog food?
    At first he was eatting his food through out the day but today he has not eaten at all? Should I take him to the vet? Or wait a few day to see if he will start eat again?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2010, 05:37 AM
    I would take him to the vet to be safe.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 06:37 AM

One day of not eating can just be put down to not feeling hungry, or feeling a bit off. 2 days of not eating and it's time for the vet.

I would give it an extra day and not free-feed.
    When you leave food down the dog often picks at it through the day and doesn't feel hungry which can result in weight problems.
    If you feed meals at scheduled time you will probably find the dog eats a lot better.

I feed one small meal in the morning and a larger meal at night.
    An hour or so before dinner they get a walk or a run at the park. Running can really stimulate the appetite, just make sure you always wait an hour after exercising before you feed to avoid bloat.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 09:52 AM

I'm confused my the title, so has your dog not eaten for a full week or just one day?

Has there been any changes in his life or in the home, sickness or injury?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 11:56 AM

I read it as he has not been eating much for a week but the past day he hasn't eaten at all :confused: could be wrong though!
    brokenhouse Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Have you changed food?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog has been off her food for above a week [ 5 Answers ]

She is not eating any food but drinking plenty she is mopish and lethargic

My senior lab won't eat his dog food [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 12yr old american yellow lab. My problem or really his problem, is he won't eat his dog food... this has been going on for a while... we've tried changing to a different food, previous one's that he has loved, but he will not touch anything until he's really hungry. I should mention...

14 y/o lab no longer eating dog food [ 2 Answers ]

My 14 y/o female lab stopped eating regularly just before Christmas. She would occasionally eat her dry dog food. I began to supplement with whole wheat bread and deli chicken meat. She now refuses to eat any dog food and simply expects to eat "people food." I have an appointment with my...

5 week old lab puppy not able to eat food [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old puppy that we are trying to wean. We have tried giving her softened dog food, plain rice and a kibble at a time. Every time she eats a very small amount she throws up. She doesn't do this after she feeds from her mothers milk, only puppy food or rice. Does anyone have any...

View more questions Search