Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    californiaguy12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 01:27 AM
    Should I continue talking to my Ex-Girlfriend?
    Sorry in advance for the long explanation, I just want everyone to be on the same page as me.

My most current ex-girlfriend and I broke up about 2 years ago (after dating for more than 2 years), but we've had a very complicated relationship since then, up until a few months ago when we finally stopped talking to one another. Since then, she had gotten a boyfriend. By some completely random occurrence, we started talking again, but strictly just as friends. I could tell that was only friendly talk because she would talk about her life and her boyfriend to me, both the good and the bad, and nothing suggestive of me and her; it was talk just as friends. I went along with it because she and I have always been really good at conversation. She had very recently told me how her boyfriend and her were having problems, but then they had a deep conversation about it and in the end it brought them so much closer together, and at that point I not only realized how lonely I've been feeling lately, but how much I miss being in a relationship. I know I'm feeling this because of the fact that I'm talking to her, but I'm wondering if I should continue talking to her just to be a good friend (because she's really in short supply of those), or if I should be up front with her and tell her that talking to her is doing me more harm than good, and just end it... I don't know which I should do.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Nov 11, 2010, 04:12 AM

You're no longer together. You need to consider your feelings first and foremost.

My advice? Go NO-contact.
    BrandonGT Posts: 34, Reputation: 14

Nov 11, 2010, 04:26 AM
    I agree completely, if you are in a relationship, you have to take the other person's feelings into account. Since you're not together, you need to look out for numero uno. It sounds selfish, but if you try to worry about everyone else, you'll just make yourself miserable.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2010, 05:09 AM

Don't stress yourself out talking to her. If you really are feeling that it's too hard on you, then you do need to speak up and end it now before you get too emotionally involved.
    serenemeadow Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Nov 11, 2010, 05:23 AM
    I agree with the other posters. You are setting yourself up for MORE pain.

You answered your own question "or if I should be up front with her and tell her that talking to her is doing me more harm than good, and just end it"
    If its doing more harm then good, then its obvious what you have to do. Let her enjoy her relationship, you need to get on with your life.

You will find a girl that you can open up to, and you won't feel lonely when you guys hit if off.
    hazou_afram Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 09:13 AM

Contacting your ex makes you feel well for a very short period! My advice for you is to go no contact ( wtever your feelings r ) and don't bother yourself thinking of her. Your helping her on your own expense, your hurting yourself for what? Just to be a good friend? Ur only talking with her about her boyfriend , does this make you happy or feel good ? NEVER!! Move on , give yourself a little time and then u'll be ready for another relationship . But now your putting yourself in a pause mode, nth else!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to split, but still loves me and wants to continue contact? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for over 5 years. We have not lived together yet. Recently, she has had these feelings that she wants to be independent from me. Several times now she has moved on those feelings, asking/telling me that she wants to go on a break. Each time she did that,...

Talking to my girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Its hard to talk to her like when she asks what do you want to talk about I can't pick I don't even care what we talk about and when I ask her what she wants to she says anything but I can't choose

My girlfriend is still talking to the ex. What should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I am currently going out with this girl who before was going out with a married man. When we met, she told me the reason she was in the relationship with the married man was because the man was helping her financially with school and everything. According to her, she...

Telling your ex about his new girlfriend talking to her ex [ 16 Answers ]

I dated this guy for about 3 years and things just weren't going allthat well anymore we saw each other everyday at work. We had to work right beside each other everyday.to make a long story short we broke up and he started dating another co worker shortly after. Her ex also works there and...

Ex-Girlfriend and I not talking [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I broke up 2 weeks ago. It just had to happen. As expected, I am kind of heartbroken, but it's not too bad. That's not the concern though. We never talk anymore. We always could communicate well and dynamically, but now we do not talk at all. Even if we are both online on...

View more questions Search