Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adreama890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 11:36 PM
    How do I go by adopting a child I know?
    Laceybug2085 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 01:34 AM
    If the parents/ guardians of the child have places her for adoption check to see if they are going through an agency. I'm not sure about the details but most lawyers offer free consultations. Wish you the best! Let us know how it turns out for you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 06:35 AM

We need more details to help you with this.

How do you know the child? Is the child currently in foster care? Why would you think her parents would relinquish to you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting a step child [ 2 Answers ]

I am married 3 years to my husband. My husband has a 10 year old son from a previous marriage that lasted 6 months. I am the 10 year old his Stepmom. My husband and I have a two and a half year old daughter together. We want to get started on adopting my 10 year old stepson asap. My husband...

Husband adopting my child [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée wants to adopt my daughter, she has no father listed on her birth certificate and he has had no interest since I was pregnant. How do we go about doing this, we live in Massachsusetts,if that affects any of the laws on it?

Adopting a child [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Alabama and my child is 6. Well his dad is in the U.S Navy and I haven't talk to him in over 2 or 3 years. I am married now and I want to know if my husband can adopt my child. I have a court date scheduled for April 7th, but I have a feeling that he is not going to show up. If he do not...

Adopting my wife's child [ 3 Answers ]

I just got married and I want to Adopt my wife's child there is no father on the birth certificate what do I need to do

View more questions Search