Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arian92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
    What does my dream mean?
    Info- my boyfriend and I live several provinces apart.

In my dream I am kidnapped from my home, I awake several days later in a doctor's basement. He has modified my body through several surgeries. While the doctor is gone I manage to escape and get to the neighbours house. When I get inside I am greeted by my boyfriend who is extremely surprised to see me.
    The doctor comes looking for me, and my boyfriend doesn't have to fend him off to protect me. I have to save myself, I turn into an angel and just run. I run away from everything. I get home, grab my son and just go. In hopes that no one will find me.

I've had this dream several times, can anyone help me analyze this dream?
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Nov 11, 2010, 07:40 AM

Do you feel you have to change some part of yourself, modify your behaviour for example, to feel accepted by your boyfriend or anyone else?

Do you worry that you cannot rely on your boyfriend being there for you, or that in some way you are too dependent on him?

It sounds like a very vulnerable dream, is something in life making you feel this way?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 10:39 PM

Being kidnapped from your home, means going to a place where you do not want to be. The person kidnapping you could be someone known to your boyfriend. You end up in a place where you don't want to be, and everything changes, including who you are. Your boyfriend may be the one who orchestrated the kidnapping, and the changes, in order to mould you into what he wanted you to be, where he wanted you to be.

(Or, the kidnapping could have been done by someone known to him, to change you into someone that he wouldn't want- i.e. a spiteful ex)

You realize that all your worst fears have come true, when you see your boyfriend. You have lost everything, your home, your identity, your sense of self. Everything is controlled by someone else, ostensibly your boyfriend, or someone known to him. He is not who you thought he was, and thus the need to flee, to be invisible, to go where you cannot be found.

Maybe the message is to stop before you start. If you have plans to make major changes in your ilfe, perhaps caution is a good choice right now.

It could simply be instinct as well. Telling you that you have doubts, or unresolved questions or impressions or feelings, about risking everything, to be with this man.

Ginae Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 01:53 AM
    I feel that I'm being show that this dream has to do with personal power and your feeling that you have none. In the dream, issues have to escalate before you turn in to an angel, scoop up what's really important to you and run.

I would urge you to reconsider the boyfriend. It sounds like (in the dream) he is in cahoots with the doctor who wants to transform you.

The fact that he lives far away stands out to me, which means that it means something - to you. WHAT it means to you, I am not being shown.

Just my thoughts :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dream of my brother dying in my car and I cannot cry for him in my dream [ 3 Answers ]

I dream of my brother dying in a crash in my car, but there is nothing I can do to help him, he was in the passanger side, but I did not see the driver, I see blood coming out of his mouth and ears, I try to cry for him in my dream but cant

I had a dream that my Ex told me he died and then came alive again in your dream? [ 2 Answers ]

We haven't really spoke in a while he's been acting weird and only responds when he wants to and I believe he is in a new relationship. We are only friends but he seems to be interested in what I'm doing and wants to get back with me somehow. I'm not sure how this dream relates to anything. Please...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

View more questions Search