Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davout1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Squatters rights Florida
    What constitutes squatters rights in Florida?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
    There is no longer any such thing as squatter's rights. It has been replaced by the law of adverse possession. In order to take ownership of property by adverse possession in Florida the person making the claim must have had obvious and exclusive possession of the property for at least 7 years, without the owner's permission, and must have paid the taxes on the property.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    There is no longer any such thing as squatter's rights. It has been replaced by the law of adverse possession. ...
    More accurately, "squatter's rights" is a colloquial term for what lawyers call "adverse possession".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida squatters rights [ 1 Answers ]

My niece refinanced a house in Florida four years ago, she received poor advice and signed an absurdly expensive mortgage on which the payments have gradually increased way beyond her means. She has stopped payments and the bank that currently holds the mortgage started eviction proceedings, but in...

Florida squatters rights [ 1 Answers ]

Pasco county Florida. Ann owned 2 acres (X & Y). Some 10+ years ago she took 1 acre (X) and put her daughter Mary as co-owner. Mary & then husband Bill put a house on it. Ann put a house on the other acre (Y) and put a line from the well located on (X). She also used the drive-way located on (X). ...

Squatters rights Florida [ 3 Answers ]

Been living in a condo for about 2 years, been receiving mail, paying association dues out of my pocket, just found out they are going to foreclose soon. I am not the owner what are my rights , and what time frame do I legally have to stay

Squatters rights in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain what these rights are...

Squatters Rights in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is there such a law as squatters rights in Florida? How long does an individual have to occupy the property before claiming squatters rights? Do you file a quit claim deed or how do you go about making legal claim to the property?

View more questions Search